Register free!

Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #151  
Old 02-28-2009, 06:29 PM
King Cuts Landscaping King Cuts Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeastlawn View Post
hey bud...I dont want to be an a$$ hole either but would you mind telling me how those old merc's can possibly push your 25-30' boat 80mph? I fish in the SKA against boats like the Hooters boat, and team Fountain...these guys have quad 300's on boats that barly touch 75. Team fountain has the fastest center console ever to hit the water (fishing boat) that topped out at 78.2 on the GPS...how in the hell did you get your boat to do 80? Just wondering...the boat I fish on is a 27' CC with twin 250 yamahas and we can only run about 38-45 depending on gear and conditions.
Some one else caught it too!!! I was wondering the same thing.
Fountain and outterlimits off shore racing have the fastest v hull boats out right now. they are bad a$$. if you look at my boat pics again you can kinda see the other boat next to mine with the blueish purpleish cover. thats my buddies outter limits and we had that at 108 mph. nasty fast
__________________
2010 Ford F 250 SD ext. cab W/ 8ft western
2007 Chevy 2500 HD reg cab w/7.5 ft meyer
2005 Ford f 550 SD cc 12ft dump
2011 Haulmark 8.5 x 20 white enclosed trailer
2009 US cargo 7 x 16 white enclosed trailer
6.5 x 12 ezdump trailer
7 x 18 Equipment trailer
Takeuchi TL130 cab a/c heat
New Holland Compact tractor 4x4 25hp diesel
Billy goat leaf loader 18hp
Little wonder push blower 9 hp
All exmark/toro hydro mowers
All echo trimmers, blowers..
LICENSED & INSURED
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 02-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Lucky Star Lawn Care's Avatar
Lucky Star Lawn Care Lucky Star Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 539
Just back tracked...no way that will go 80. Maybe feel like 80 or if your reading the broken spedometer and not using a gps
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 02-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Green Team Landscaping's Avatar
Green Team Landscaping Green Team Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Amherst, NH
Posts: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-landscapes View Post
ME and my tarpon. Hope the photo attached. First time
How many people did that bad boy feed?
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 02-28-2009, 09:11 PM
King Cuts Landscaping King Cuts Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star Lawn Care View Post
Just back tracked...no way that will go 80. Maybe feel like 80 or if your reading the broken spedometer and not using a gps
I thought something was wrong about the 80mph with your boat b/c if you can hit 80mph im doing 200 mph i spent a pretty penny just on the new motor to hit high to middle 90's almost wish i sold the damn thing and built my dream shop. Anyways I never trust the speedo always use gps. You do have a great boat for fishing and tubeing! Two things i love to do and cant on my boat.
__________________
2010 Ford F 250 SD ext. cab W/ 8ft western
2007 Chevy 2500 HD reg cab w/7.5 ft meyer
2005 Ford f 550 SD cc 12ft dump
2011 Haulmark 8.5 x 20 white enclosed trailer
2009 US cargo 7 x 16 white enclosed trailer
6.5 x 12 ezdump trailer
7 x 18 Equipment trailer
Takeuchi TL130 cab a/c heat
New Holland Compact tractor 4x4 25hp diesel
Billy goat leaf loader 18hp
Little wonder push blower 9 hp
All exmark/toro hydro mowers
All echo trimmers, blowers..
LICENSED & INSURED
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 02-28-2009, 09:44 PM
punt66's Avatar
punt66 punt66 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Simsbury CT
Posts: 8,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeastlawn View Post
boats like yours scare the sh!t out of me...we can run my buddies Supra (wakeboard boat) out completely full tilt...and the friggin bass boats pass us like were walking...they draft like 4" at WOT (just the prop!)...thats nuts!
yea its sick. But when your driving it its not as bad as it looks. I was doing 78 on the connecticut river at the end of a tournament through a no wake. Well the cops knew a tournament was going on so they hid in the no wake zone at a marina. They pulled out after me. To make a long story short i was out of site and dissapeared into the sea of boats at the weigh in. I was hoping knowbody would rat me out and they didnt but the cops sure tried. No technically i didnt make a wake at 78mph hahahah. I made it to the weigh in with on 30 sec left.
__________________
JP Landscaping


SOLO OPERATION
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 02-28-2009, 10:06 PM
birdturd9726's Avatar
birdturd9726 birdturd9726 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Suffolk County, NY
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Cuts Landscaping View Post
You hit 80 in your boat!!?? That super fast for a boat like yours. Iím jealous b/c I spent a Sh%T load of money to get mine in the high 90ís. Its hards to believe your boat will go that fast with out boards and your hull design. But hey im not trying to be an a$$ hole! more power to you, I would be scared as hell to go that fast in your boat. What size out boards are you running on your boat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeastlawn View Post
hey bud...I dont want to be an a$$ hole either but would you mind telling me how those old merc's can possibly push your 25-30' boat 80mph? I fish in the SKA against boats like the Hooters boat, and team Fountain...these guys have quad 300's on boats that barly touch 75. Team fountain has the fastest center console ever to hit the water (fishing boat) that topped out at 78.2 on the GPS...how in the hell did you get your boat to do 80? Just wondering...the boat I fish on is a 27' CC with twin 250 yamahas and we can only run about 38-45 depending on gear and conditions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Cuts Landscaping View Post
Some one else caught it too!!! I was wondering the same thing.
Fountain and outterlimits off shore racing have the fastest v hull boats out right now. they are bad a$$. if you look at my boat pics again you can kinda see the other boat next to mine with the blueish purpleish cover. thats my buddies outter limits and we had that at 108 mph. nasty fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Cuts Landscaping View Post
I thought something was wrong about the 80mph with your boat b/c if you can hit 80mph im doing 200 mph i spent a pretty penny just on the new motor to hit high to middle 90's almost wish i sold the damn thing and built my dream shop. Anyways I never trust the speedo always use gps. You do have a great boat for fishing and tubeing! Two things i love to do and cant on my boat.

i re-confirmed with my dad...hit 74mph last summer via garmin. For some reason i thought it was 80mph but its still up their. Twin 200 mercs. Its quicker than you think. You can fly around in the bay in your brick, but this only weighs about 4,200 lbs. It has dyno tuned props from merc and an offshore racing stainless hydraulic steering. Its also only 27 feet.

Kryptonite Boats located in Long Island, New York was founded in 1996 by Kirk Rogers and specializes in custom built performance boats. Kryptonite builds approximately 20 boats a year which allows for a strict adherence to quality. The 270 F-1 Race Series as well as the 270 Sport and Center Console versions are based on 22 degree stepped bottom with a pad and 8 foot beam. The result is a stable, efficient and fast hull which runs well in all types of water. An integrated swim platform is available onall models and stretches the boat to a full 29 feet. Additionally, each model is available in single or twin inboard/outboard and single or twin outboard versions. So whether your pursuits lie in F-1 Factory Racing, Poker Runs, or offshore fishing, we are sure to have a model which can be custom built to your specifications.
__________________
B & B Maintenance Services, Inc.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 02-28-2009, 10:07 PM
punt66's Avatar
punt66 punt66 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Simsbury CT
Posts: 8,540
Here is me and the speed demon. Just uploaded a pic. Cant wait till spring!

__________________
JP Landscaping


SOLO OPERATION

Last edited by punt66; 02-28-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 02-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Junior M's Avatar
Junior M Junior M is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
yea its sick. But when your driving it its not as bad as it looks. I was doing 78 on the connecticut river at the end of a tournament through a no wake. Well the cops knew a tournament was going on so they hid in the no wake zone at a marina. They pulled out after me. To make a long story short i was out of site and dissapeared into the sea of boats at the weigh in. I was hoping knowbody would rat me out and they didnt but the cops sure tried. No technically i didnt make a wake at 78mph hahahah. I made it to the weigh in with on 30 sec left.
78? Thats nothin, I've been 80+(his fishfinder just goes crazy above 80 and we ran side by side with a boat that tops out at 83 or 84 and we passed him) on a buddies bass boat on calm water for mid day, you get goin that fast you cant even keep your hat on backwards and everything better be tied down.. I love it! Especially when you pass other boats..
__________________
Southeastern Services


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 02-28-2009, 10:11 PM
punt66's Avatar
punt66 punt66 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Simsbury CT
Posts: 8,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
78? Thats nothin, I've been 80+(his fishfinder just goes crazy above 80 and we ran side by side with a boat that tops out at 83 or 84 and we passed him) on a buddies bass boat on calm water for mid day, you get goin that fast you cant even keep your hat on backwards and everything better be tied down.. I love it! Especially when you pass other boats..
well you will go faster on a chop then calm water. The less water the boat touches the faster she will go. 78 is a realistic #.
__________________
JP Landscaping


SOLO OPERATION
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 02-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Junior M's Avatar
Junior M Junior M is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
well you will go faster on a chop then calm water. The less water the boat touches the faster she will go. 78 is a realistic #.
Ah, yeah, I never considered that, but this boat has a 250 or something, and he has totally rebuilt it, bored it out, its suppose to be pushing almost a 300 or something like that, not to sure about all of the facts on the motor, but I know it'll haul ass!
__________________
Southeastern Services


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 PM.

Page generated in 0.11997 seconds with 10 queries