Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-28-2009, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Talking Wear 'em-

We wear 'em all the time...the only thing might be just don't wear gang colors (red or blue) in bad areas of town. Hell I wear black, or camo, never get a strange look.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

this company has a million different ones to wear. i wear this http://www.sparklingearth.com/detail...u=103:103-1001
2004 exmark metro hp 36"15 kawasaki

echo srm 261 t
echo pas 230
edger,hedgetrimmer,brush cutter
echo srm 230 trimmer
echo pb 230 Ln blower
echo h c 150 hedge trimmer
echo pb 651 blower
echo pe 260 edger

an't that a kick in the head
Old 02-28-2009, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Now take in mind, that this is just my opinion. But No way...No how. Myself, nor any employee are going to be presenting themselves in "do-rags". We aren't a construction crew, we aren't in the gym lifting, we aren't portraying bikers out there, we aren't gangbanger looking thugs standing out on a street corner, and we aren't rebel rockers from some metal band.
We are professionals and we are expected to look as such. You don't see employees from Scott

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.

Last edited by Runner; 02-28-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i wear them all the time. i do wear the Kentucky blue bandanas that match my uniform shirt. all in all i do look pretty professional and i've never had anyone complain.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Now take in mind, that this is just my opinion. But No way...No how. Myself, nor any employee are going to be presenting themselves in "do-rags". We aren't a construction crew, we aren't in the gym lifting, we aren't portraying bikers out there, we aren't gangbanger looking thugs standing out on a street corner, and we aren't rebel rockers from some metal band.
We are professionals and we are expected to look as such. You don't see employees from Scott

that is my line of thinking. i feel if i do that then i might aswell let them un-tuck their shirts and wear hats turned around and the rest. i think by me and my help being black we are stereo typed so i need deposits and confidence from potential customers and dont need someone wondering if we will run off with the deposit or smoke bud around back.. it may sound paranoid but i have been black for 36 years so i speak from experience
Old 02-28-2009, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Mexi

Okay, being out in the sun all day and working with Mexicans, this is what you do:

Get a large type of cloth, kinda like a diaper material/white, when you are mowing cover your head, ball cap to hold it, it should hang over your neck protecting you, it also should be hanging to the side of your face, when you are done take it off/wipe face, hang it to air dry....it will be ready the next job you get too.

Its not a joke, you have seen them everywhere on jobsites, it worked great for me under a hardhat last year 100 degree/100 humidity, it will do the same this year...
Old 02-28-2009, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wow...Somehow, half of my post got cut off! lol

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Member

OK, All I am hearing is No, NO, NO, don't wear them. Which, I agree with. I don't like the image. My point in the first place was that I sweat profusely and the hat is not enough to keep sweat out of my eyes. I am looking for suggestions on something to wear under my ball cap that will keep the sweat out of my eyes.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The towel idea I mentioned works, because you can just use the end(s) to quickly wipe your face now and then.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Member

under armour makes a beanie to wear under a ball cap, works really good for keeping you cool and the sweat off your face.
Quality Work