Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-03-2009, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey fellas I'm new here and this is my first post, lol. I'm thinking about applying Hercuilner on floor to protect it. What do you guys make of this product?

http://www.herculiner.com/
Old 03-03-2009, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Herculiner will work perfectly fine. I used the cheaper stuff on mine and went like a foot up the walls as well. One year of good use and its holding up fine and I only did 2 good coats.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:45 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah they are supposed to be really good. I was gonna go with some but since I'm gonna sell my trailer this year and they sell the black at around $100, I went with some outdoor paint instead and saved a bunch. So far its holding up really well. Although it took forever to cure during the cold winter months.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Sweet. I'm thinking about going with the grey. I haven't received my trailer yet. I ordered it last Friday with Cathy @ Hill Equipment off of Ebay and I will be picking it up in Mcadoo, PA.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx495 View Post
This is basically what I did since my floor was nasty as i bought it used. Put down the hardi board then used the Herculiner "do it yourself" roll on bedliner. Worked really good. If i bought a new trailer i would just put the liner right on the floor.
Do you have any pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoetschOutdoor View Post
Herculiner will work perfectly fine. I used the cheaper stuff on mine and went like a foot up the walls as well. One year of good use and its holding up fine and I only did 2 good coats.
What did you use specifically (brand name)? I will be using my trailer to haul my quads around and usually after riding I wash them. In this case I'm looking for something that will protect the floor from that dripping water off of the quads. I'm having the hardest time making this decision
Old 03-05-2009, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Member

ok scrap herculiner. I think Im going to go with this

http://www.rustoleum.com/default.asp
Old 02-15-2010, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
I've been planning on painting mine this spring, but I also emailed the BLT LLC people about pricing on their floor coverings. Does anyone have any good or bad reviews of it?
D what did you end up using for your trailer floors? I am still trying to figure what do for my enclosed trailer floor. I am debating on painting and sealing it or buying the 12x12 squares for the floor.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Member

I used Behr porch and floor paint and I can see the marks from my tires now. I need some more advice on that to use. I'm thinking about trying Herculiner or Rustoleum
Old 02-15-2010, 11:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to advance auto, o'rilleys', etc. and get their brands of roll on bedliner. I went to walmart and used 1.5 gallons for my 6x14 to do the floor and a foot and half up the walls. Trailer has been used hard for 2 years now and none of the anti skid has even come off! Its been sooo wet and muddy around here the past two years, we are having to spray the trailer out weekly and its holding up great. Got the heavy duty grey outdoor paint and did the rest of the walls inside and it totally finishes the trailer off. I think it was grey behr paint for the walls, black roll on bedliner for the floor and 1.5 foot up the walls.

xclusive, alot of people have had bad luck with the stick on tiles...the etreme heat combined with the mowers going in and out all day dont hold up well. Alot of them stick on tiles seem to be made for people that haul bikes around and not moving in and out alot.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoetschOutdoor View Post
Go to advance auto, o'rilleys', etc. and get their brands of roll on bedliner. I went to walmart and used 1.5 gallons for my 6x14 to do the floor and a foot and half up the walls. Trailer has been used hard for 2 years now and none of the anti skid has even come off! Its been sooo wet and muddy around here the past two years, we are having to spray the trailer out weekly and its holding up great. Got the heavy duty grey outdoor paint and did the rest of the walls inside and it totally finishes the trailer off. I think it was grey behr paint for the walls, black roll on bedliner for the floor and 1.5 foot up the walls.

xclusive, alot of people have had bad luck with the stick on tiles...the etreme heat combined with the mowers going in and out all day dont hold up well. Alot of them stick on tiles seem to be made for people that haul bikes around and not moving in and out alot.
Thanks Doetsch for the info. Do you have any pictures so I can see what it looks like on your trailer? Also did you have to seal the floor before or after you put down the roll on liner?