Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-04-2009, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopassonthebluegrass View Post
As I was putting the sprayer together for those pix, I found that my strainer glass is cracked internally all the way around. So maybe it's time to replace it, anyhow. I like the comfort of seeing that filter anytime I am over at the pump and motor. I think I'll try the same unit with the 20 mesh... Is this the unit you were referencing?

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/Product.asp?PG=2179 (the $42.08 choice)

Yes exactly correct. When you mount as you likely know, a very good seal with Teflon tape is key. Save the Gasket from your old Bowl too....You may need it someday...Put some grease on it.

I've been running the yellow 2GPM nozzle. I use this setup strictly for turf.

OK, then a 2nd 50 mesh filter would make that issue go away....No more unscrewing and tapping to clean in the middle of a lawn...Boy what a pain.. And it works waaay better than placing panty hose over the thread than screwing on the yellow cap over top of it...That affected the flow/spray pattern to much from my experance.

That sounds nice. I clog my nozzle quite frequently. Where in the assembly do you have it connected? Just prior to the reel?

Yes I put in where the hose enters the reel, and use quick disconnects...I get them From Oesco in Mass. Keep your pressure below 100psi.

So far so good. I wouldn't say I'm out of the woods yet, but I genuinely appreciate all the help thus far.

Your will be happy when you make all these upgrades. Less downtime, a smoother running pump, and a clean Nozzle LOL.

Pete
Old 03-04-2009, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

we use the d30 and they have been great, i owuld not know another but i iknwo this one is great
Old 03-04-2009, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I was eyeballing these ones earlier:

http://www.turfeagle.com/products/product1204.html

Actually, wood bits (spade bits for larger sizes) bore through the tank with incredible ease, and accuracy.

Should I run something bigger than 3/8"?? The original line there was a 1" hose.

Thanks.
The 3/8 is the Bypass hose from the pump. They plumbed it into the 1" Suction line......There lies the problem.

So the 1" Suction line will remain 1".

The 3/8 Bypass line will get it's own dedicated Bulkhead (new you will add) and you will plug the end where the 3/8 hose was plumbed into the 1" manifold/Hose.

The 1/2" yellow spray hose that runs from your pump, to the top bulkhead, to the agitation tube will remain.

So now you will have a Dedicated 1" Suction line......A dedicated "Pump Bypass" line......And a Pressure Agitation Line.

The way it should have come from the factory

Pete
Old 03-04-2009, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritage View Post
Your will be happy when you make all these upgrades. Less downtime, a smoother running pump, and a clean Nozzle LOL.
I keep thinking that the strainer I have is a 40 mesh. I'll get it back out of the barn tomorrow and take pix of it...

As for the after-the-pump strainer: what unit is that? Do you have a picture of how it hooks in, or a link? And how often do you have to clean it out?

Thanks (again).
Old 03-04-2009, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I keep thinking that the strainer I have is a 40 mesh. I'll get it back out of the barn tomorrow and take pix of it...

As for the after-the-pump strainer: what unit is that? Do you have a picture of how it hooks in, or a link? And how often do you have to clean it out?

Thanks (again).
I clean out at the end of a week of spraying turf but never clogged yet.

Here are some links:

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/product.asp?pg=364 Get the 1/2" Bulkhead assm.

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/product.asp?pg=783 Get 5 feet of 3/8" clear Braided.

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/product.asp?pg=286 Get Hose Barb Male Elbow 1/2"X3/8" EL1238PP

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/product.asp?pg=463 Get the 122 Line strainer 1/2" and ask in the notes section for a 50 or 80 Mesh filter. Order 2 extra bowl gaskest as well. Lighty grease gasket when you remove bowl, and it wont dislodge from the grove and get pinched/leak. Another trick.

The 1/2" nylon plug to put in, where you remove the 3/8" hose barb with
1/2" threads at the manifold can be bought at a hardware store....PVC Nylon and teflon tape so no leaks......Key as this is a Suction Line.

Keep us posted.

Pete
Old 03-05-2009, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback, that's terrific!! I'll be ordering shortly.

One more question, if I may: will this unit that is in the pictures allow me to directly mate one of your D30's to the gear box and motor? Ric says yes... but his Alzheimers is so severe that I never know whether it's safe to trust him or not.
Yes, its the exact same gearbox. The D403GRGI uses a gearbox with part number 9910-KIT1640. That is the normal gearbox used on a D30.

The KIT1640 requires an engine shaft that is a staight 3/4" shaft with a keyway. On the pump side it needs the standard Hypro flange with the 3 bolt holes. This is the flange found on the D30, D50, the D403 and a few more Hypro diaphragm pumps.

Hope that clears it up. We have plenty of inventory.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert@rittenhouse View Post
Yes, its the exact same gearbox. The D403GRGI uses a gearbox with part number 9910-KIT1640. That is the normal gearbox used on a D30.

The KIT1640 requires an engine shaft that is a staight 3/4" shaft with a keyway. On the pump side it needs the standard Hypro flange with the 3 bolt holes. This is the flange found on the D30, D50, the D403 and a few more Hypro diaphragm pumps.

Hope that clears it up. We have plenty of inventory.
Thanks again. Here's another question: would my D403 regulator fit onto the D30?
Old 03-05-2009, 01:14 PM
LawnSite Member

No, the D403 regulator (part # 9910-GR40) is slightly different than the D30 regulator (part# 9910-GS40GI) and will not easily fit onto the D403. I think the bolt holes line up, but I seem to remember that the bottom of the GS40 overlaps with the head of the pump.

So unfortunately the 9910-GS40GI is needed to switch over your sprayer.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert@rittenhouse View Post
No, the D403 regulator (part # 9910-GR40) is slightly different than the D30 regulator (part# 9910-GS40GI) and will not easily fit onto the D403. I think the bolt holes line up, but I seem to remember that the bottom of the GS40 overlaps with the head of the pump.

So unfortunately the 9910-GS40GI is needed to switch over your sprayer.
Being a cheap bugger, is it possible for me to construct an adapter to make it fit?
Old 03-05-2009, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

And to any still following this thread, (Pete) will this "diaphragm pump saver valve" help any?

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/Product.asp?PG=1656