Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-06-2002, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Good old gravely with Kohler (one lunger L)engine won't start.

The OLD Gravely L 2 wheeler (Kohler engine)was running well until we had a lot of rain here. The Gravely sits outside in the open. There were no mechanical problems previously. The machine is electric start with key ignition switch and push starter button. There appears to be what I think is a 3 pronged voltage regulater on the side of the Frame;itlooks like an air cooled alluminum block with groves. I have replaced the solenoid, the starter button, the ingnition switch with a on/off toggle switch and put on a new ballast. The brown wire is connected to the small post on the solenoid. The red wire I hooked to the solenoid post with the postive connection to the battery. When I turn the switch on I get hot indications to the appropriate areas and even on the outer casing of the switches but no movement. I bought the machine used and don't have any books on it. Serial# on gauge panel SN00581561; #on metal tage on trans is NS 10 21816. Any help??
Old 08-06-2002, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The manuals are still available for these 2 wheel tractors. Go to www.gravely.com to order one.