Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-17-2009, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Member

FORECLOSURE.. Lawn Help

The bank has foreclosed on this home and contacted us to get it in shape.It's been awhile since I've had to do a lawn in this shape. I'll give as much detail as possible, but if more info is needed please ask. My Lesco guy quit JDLso I can't get any info there, not really a problem because the info on here is a lot more accurate anyway.

Multi Million $ home built 2 yrs ago in the middle of 25 acres.The lawn that is kept up is 5 acres. The driveway area is 200 yds long and 40 ft wide a mixture of fescue and bermuda the turf is moderately full and about 15% weeds and receives full sun. The lawn in front is about 2 acres the area closest to home (200x300) is mostly fescue medium thickness and about 30% weeds also full sun. The rest of the front has mixture a grasses(hay field but mowed short) about 65% weeds also full sun. One side of house is ok good turf mostly fescue morning sun some mid-day. The other side mostly weeds afternoon sun some mid-day. The back 2 acres is mostly weeds and mixture of grasses. Last week temp 2 days in 70's 5 days in 40's with 2 inches of rain. Soil temp is probably in 50's. This week temps in 70's soil temp maybe higher. Bradford Pears are blooming as well as Forsythia as of this week.

The bank wants the turf area to reflect the home. I would normally cut it up and sod, but they can't go that route. They would like it nice in 3-4 months.
So what should I do? Treat weeds and then re-seed OR Re-seed then try to treat weeds OR is there new products that will allow both(a few years since I got my lic.)Spot treat areas and selective seed areas? Any help is appreciated!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Anyone have a suggestion on this thread? I was going to try Speed Zone Southern. Has anyone used this product? It says that reseeding can be done after 1 week!!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Most Important in THIS situation is they PRE-PAY for your proposal.

If not then dont walk but, RUN away from this one.

Pete
Old 03-19-2009, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Member

I agree. I've been down that road before. This bank is real good. I'm confident on getting paid for consult and services. Any ideas though on which approach I should take for the lawn.