Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-20-2009, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright5223 View Post
I bought a biz from a guy about 3 weeks ago had 10 customers I only have 3 of them!!!! I should have taken the money and done more mailers! lesson learned
Ok so that's extremely vague and I'm not really sure why or how you could lose 7 out of the 10 customers just because a new person is mowing them. How did you go about notifying the customers if you don't mind me asking?

3+ years going strong.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

here's my letter boys and girls. Let me know what you think...
Attached Files
File Type: doc takeoverlawnsite.doc (72.0 KB, 35 views)

3+ years going strong.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A few changes I would make.

Hello everyone, as Phillip just mentioned I will be taking over the lawn care services from him. I would like to take a moment to tell you a little bit about myself . I am 24 years old and have lived in Omaha for most of my life. My parents moved me here from Michigan when I was 4, and I have naturally become an avid Husker fan since!
I have 7 years of experience in this industry, 2 of which have been on my own. Before I ventured out on my own I was the assistant superintendent for a crew of 8 guys. We took care of a total of 250 full service residential properties, with some small landscaping design and installation involved. After a while I decided that I had acquired the skills I needed to branch out on my own. It has always been a dream of mine to have my own lawn care business, even at a very young age. I continue to carry that childhood passion into my business today.
My goal is to make as few changes as possible in the way your account is serviced. I will continue to produce the same high quality lawn care that has been provided in years past. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to bring them to my attention, my number is ########.
I thank you for giving me this opportunity to serve you, and look forward to many great things to come.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnsac View Post
and to make sure they know I am 100% approchable.

Thanks!
I would suggest CALLING them all, and maybe knocking on the doors as much as possible. A letter is still good an all but most people would appreciate you taking the time to talk in person.