Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-08-2008, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Member

the law will always defend the living over the material

The law in just about every state is almost exactly the same when it comes to the application and reasoning behind deadly force. You cannot use deadly force unless you are being threatend with deadly force. If you shoot someone for being on your property or stealing from your truck or even being in your bedroom at night when you are asleep you will be going to jail for a very long time. (no weapons on the purp, no chance of wininng your case.)Murder 2 or manslaughter depending on the circumstances. I think texas is the only wackphuk state that has little discrimination for deadly force on property.

Remember the law will always defend the living over the material.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS View Post
Missouri too. . . legislation just passed last year, I think. If you feel that you or your property is seriously threatened, you can use a firearm for defense of that person or property.
Sweeeett glad to hear that
Old 03-24-2009, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSLC View Post
The law in just about every state is almost exactly the same when it comes to the application and reasoning behind deadly force. You cannot use deadly force unless you are being threatend with deadly force. If you shoot someone for being on your property or stealing from your truck or even being in your bedroom at night when you are asleep you will be going to jail for a very long time. (no weapons on the purp, no chance of wininng your case.)Murder 2 or manslaughter depending on the circumstances. I think texas is the only wackphuk state that has little discrimination for deadly force on property.

That is bull. Unauthorized entrance into a dwelling at night, with people at home is just asking to be shot.

The burglar had better hope he finds your house and not mine. No way someone is walking in and killing or so much as threatening my family or myself.

Besides the fact that there is probably no scarier sound than a twelve gauge going snick-snick when surprising somebody. I own many firearms, and am around guns a lot, firing hundreds of rounds a year. And i can not think of a worse sound to hear.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson LCO View Post
It might deter them...or encourage them to bring a gun. BTW I dont think you can defend your property with deadly force except in Texas.
True, you can shoot on site any trespassers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningside View Post
I bought a wb from 4.3 Mudder and it was a great deal. he was honest and it was easy.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 03-24-2009, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
LOL

Seriously if I wake up to find an intruder in my bedroom that person is a dead man
Old 03-24-2009, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
LOL

Seriously if I wake up to find an intruder in my bedroom that person is a dead man
oh? Dont you think he would have the jump on you already while he is watching you sleep?

SOLO OPERATION
Old 03-25-2009, 03:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSLC View Post

In most states, you can use deadly force to protect yourself or your family against a perceived threat of death or serious injury.
If I wake up to find a stranger standing in the dark in my bedroom, it could take a long time to clean up the mess and for my ears to stop ringing...
Echo PAS-265 Power-heads with Trimmer, Edger, Hedge Clipper, ProSweep and Power Pruner attachments
Shindaiwa EB-802RT, Echo PB-755T & PB-265L Backpack Blowers
Various backup equipment (Poulan Pro, Toro, Troy Bilt, etc...)
Professional pressure washing equipment.
Amsoil synthetic oil and E3 spark plugs for all engines...
Old 04-26-2009, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
No peice of equipment is worth a life, yours or theirs.

That being said. I have carried a pistol since 1990 (including 9 years of military service)

Comming from someone who has actually shot human beings, I would always choose to walk away than to fight.

Will I stop (or try to stop) someone from taking my gear? You bet.
But the pistol is not a deterrant it is an exit strategy.

Most theives are cowards, if thy werent cowards they would be hijackers or armed robbers. There mere presence of lights, cameras or the chance of getting caught send 80 percent of theives packing.

Professional theives wont eye your backpack blower, not enough profit.
So that just leaves stupid amateurs who are looking to make a quick buck, or more likely than not, competeting landscapers that need your equiment.

Lock it.

Trimmer trap a couple of cables, yea its apain, you're tired you dont feel like it, but its better than taking or risking life.

Having been in combat ill tell you NEVER broadcast your intentions, if you do the other guy will be ready. Because you told him.

Also there are 50 states and 50 different gun laws, so anything you have seen on this thread is all wrong for you unless it comes from a lawyer with a license to practice in your state who specializes in gun law.

just lock your stuff up... If you arent trained with guns (and if you were trained youd know your states gun laws) dont play with guns.
That is some of the best advice you'll get here. I'm a certified Self Defense Instructor, conducting classes and certifying graduates to obtain carry permits. One of the mandatory books my students must read is Ayoob's "In the Gravest Extreme". There are two types of trials after a citizen shooting, righteous or not.
Criminal and civil. State laws pertain primarily to criminal lawsuits, but civil suits are an entirely different worlds, rife with sleazy attorneys who know all of the angles that can lead an honest citizen defending his property directly to a long term in jail. Keep in mind that defending your home, wife, kids and yourself from personal harm is far removed from defending "property" in a civil suit.
That aspect is a gray area in which expensive attorneys love to play.
Their basic precept is that no human life is worth an inanimate object. You'll be hard pressed to convince a jury otherwise.
Call your County Attorney's office. They should assign you an appointment with a deputy attorney who can actually help when police won't.
Good luck, and stay low.

Pierre
Old 05-02-2009, 02:02 PM
LawnSite Member

But....... If you really do want a sign....... I developed one for you.

Pierre