Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-24-2009, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Our government has been using the general public as guinea pigs for many, many decades.
If it's OK for American's, then it should be OK for the rest of the world.
I agree, However, in this case:
Did the big money chemical companies throw their product , excessively, even recklessly onto areas that pollute the public water?

Or was it done by the people themselves?

Did the universities put on classes that taught lco squirt and fert group how to use the chemicals as tools to grow a lawn to maturity in order to reducing the input for a healthier lawn?

I agree that we should not need big gov't protecting us from ourselves, but the more I understand about the mindset of the typical sqirt and fert guy... perhaps we do.
Who said? "Those who are not governed from within , shall be governed from without."
Old 03-25-2009, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Guys, for me its a moot point. Government FOR the people died back in the 19th century. Now, it is Government to perpetuate Government, and the big synthetic and pharmaceuticals are all playing the game better than we will ever have a chance at. Bayer is both a synthetic chem manufacturer and a drug company. I avoid ANY product with their label on it. I would have to look up the reference, but Bayer actually paid Hitler's Germany to do drug testing for them. HUMAN testing!! But, they were just paying for information, no actual crime in that.
....but still a bargain compared to anything else.
And I NEVER say I told you so out loud.
How many Hats can you wear?
Old 03-26-2009, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicmudpuppy View Post
Guys, for me its a moot point. Government FOR the people died back in the 19th century. Now, it is Government to perpetuate Government, and the big synthetic and pharmaceuticals are all playing the game better than we will ever have a chance at. Bayer is both a synthetic chem manufacturer and a drug company. I avoid ANY product with their label on it. I would have to look up the reference, but Bayer actually paid Hitler's Germany to do drug testing for them. HUMAN testing!! But, they were just paying for information, no actual crime in that.
We don't select politicians from the group of people we know and trust. We select from a group that has been selected - for the selection process.

I had for force myself to go and vote. But that is taking us off topic.

It is possible that with a chemical ban, we might relearn, Horticulture?

- OR - How did grass survive, for thousands of years, without the help of Monsanto?