Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-29-2009, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I still lived at home.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks all (MRSOPS and GW). I'm working on uploading some pics from my jobs from the last month.

GW- The head is a rebranded FECON. I originally bought a FECON but returned it (long story). The Bobcat head has worked out better than I expected so far. Cuts faster, less vibration than the FECON, and service access is easier (hinged covers to the inside of the head).

Canon- I'll say this once. Grow up.

Yes I may still live with my parents, but I believe if you look back a couple of pages I addressed this fact and that you can tell that is certainly not the plan for the rest of my life. I don't know too many 22 year olds who work the hours I do without getting paid for it (still haven't paid myself- paying off loans and buying equipment first).

I hope I mistook the intent of your comment and I will be the first to apologize if that is the case. However, if that is not the case, please don't ruin this thread with comments like that. I have never come on here to brag or make claims that are false. I enjoy this site and the threads on here as they are highly educational and inspirational. I know that in the years leading up to my business launch I visited this site often. I only share my pics and stories so that young future business owners like myself can see how stressful, challenging, and fun owning this type of business can be.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

GW- forgot to mention, but as of right now work is looking pretty good. Everything can change in a second (as you know), but all indicators right now are pointing to an extremely busy (and long) year. Keeping the fingers crossed and continually talking with old and new customers helps my state of mind as well
Old 03-29-2009, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canon Landscaping View Post
I wish I still lived at home.
That was uncalled for..

And ARP, you are almost living my dream business! My goals are leaning more and more towards owning a set up like this, I may not start out with the shiney new equipment, but I'll get there.. Good luck and your definetly an inspiration to me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 03-29-2009, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think ARP just dished out a verbal bitchslap
Old 03-29-2009, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARP View Post
Thanks all (MRSOPS and GW). I'm working on uploading some pics from my jobs from the last month.

GW- The head is a rebranded FECON. I originally bought a FECON but returned it (long story). The Bobcat head has worked out better than I expected so far. Cuts faster, less vibration than the FECON, and service access is easier (hinged covers to the inside of the head).

Canon- I'll say this once. Grow up.

Yes I may still live with my parents, but I believe if you look back a couple of pages I addressed this fact and that you can tell that is certainly not the plan for the rest of my life. I don't know too many 22 year olds who work the hours I do without getting paid for it (still haven't paid myself- paying off loans and buying equipment first).

I hope I mistook the intent of your comment and I will be the first to apologize if that is the case. However, if that is not the case, please don't ruin this thread with comments like that. I have never come on here to brag or make claims that are false. I enjoy this site and the threads on here as they are highly educational and inspirational. I know that in the years leading up to my business launch I visited this site often. I only share my pics and stories so that young future business owners like myself can see how stressful, challenging, and fun owning this type of business can be.
APR im very impressed with what your doing.. I myself bought my first machine when i was 22.. I mean it was only a bobcat mt52 but you know its a good feeling
Old 03-29-2009, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I still live at home too, 31 years old, never kissed a girl and I am a virgin (except for the whole bent-over-Bobcat situation) nothing wrong with it, except when the old folks start popping their "special" pills on a Saturday night and start walking around in their skimpies, then I would rather be in a cave.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 03-29-2009, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I still live at home too, 31 years old, never kissed a girl and I am a virgin (except for the whole bent-over-Bobcat situation) nothing wrong with it, except when the old folks start popping their "special" pills on a Saturday night and start walking around in their skimpies, then I would rather be in a cave.
Wow....

Quote:

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 03-29-2009, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't mean it like that I really wish I still lived at home life would be so much easier. It sucks having to pay house payments instead of buying a new truck or machine.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Appreciate the response Canon. I apologize that I took it that way. I've just had some negative experiences with people in the last few days who did not mean it the same way that you meant it. Kinding chafing at any negative comments at the moment.

I find it funny, but I really want to be in your position right now with house payments and all. I'm not a big fan of the whole having to rely on others for housing. I guess we can call it the naivete of youth huh? No hard feelings here.