Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 03-29-2009, 09:02 PM
J. Peterson Grading J. Peterson Grading is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IA
Posts: 989
$1000 and you want to make a living doing this type of work?

This is more like a $2500.00+ job. Stop selling yourself short. It might be cool to run the equipment you rent, but you need to make something off it. Start charging by the hour when you own the stuff.

J.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 03-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Junior M's Avatar
Junior M Junior M is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Peterson Grading View Post
$1000 and you want to make a living doing this type of work?

This is more like a $2500.00+ job. Stop selling yourself short. It might be cool to run the equipment you rent, but you need to make something off it. Start charging by the hour when you own the stuff.

J.
This is a charging by the hour job, all we can do is 12hours and it comes to $1,020 and I am charging just as much per hour for the loader as the company up the road.

It maybe cheap cause my guy on the ground should go for $500 for 8 hours, I know a guy that charges $1,000 for 2 guys falling, bucking and limbing trees for 8 hours, so I am cutting myself short in that aspect but I am charging my typical per hour rate for one guy and machine and my hour rate for the machine is the same as my competition as I said before, I've run my numbers on this job, from a rental aspect that is, not an owner..
__________________
Southeastern Services


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 03-29-2009, 11:45 PM
CAT powered's Avatar
CAT powered CAT powered is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southern CT
Posts: 1,185
Junior a new saw will eat up half the budget or more for that job.

STIHL MS361 would cost you 620$ if you put a 25" bar on it.

The 361 is a great saw though. I was going to go with a 361 instead of the 290, but I couldn't bring myself to spend 600 bucks on something that won't make me one red cent.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 03-30-2009, 12:05 AM
Gravel Rat Gravel Rat is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 9,544
I don't know what Junior is worried about a chainsaw for he is scared to use one.

This is the sharpest thing Junior will use

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butter_knife
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 03-30-2009, 06:58 AM
Junior M's Avatar
Junior M Junior M is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT powered View Post
Junior a new saw will eat up half the budget or more for that job.

STIHL MS361 would cost you 620$ if you put a 25" bar on it.

The 361 is a great saw though. I was going to go with a 361 instead of the 290, but I couldn't bring myself to spend 600 bucks on something that won't make me one red cent.
I know it will, but if continue doing this kind of work I'll need one anyways, but I've got a little money in the account so that job wont be paying the whole $600..

I looked at a 361, but like you said, thats a huge freakin price tag! I am going to look at a 290, thats what we were using on the pond and it was a decent saw..
__________________
Southeastern Services


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 03-30-2009, 06:59 AM
Junior M's Avatar
Junior M Junior M is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Rat View Post
I don't know what Junior is worried about a chainsaw for he is scared to use one.

This is the sharpest thing Junior will use

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butter_knife
I hope your joking?
__________________
Southeastern Services


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 03-30-2009, 07:38 AM
Treemow's Avatar
Treemow Treemow is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: southeast
Posts: 291
You need one of these.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 03-30-2009, 08:14 AM
AWJ Services AWJ Services is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ga
Posts: 4,208
1000 dollars?

Remind me to never move to where you live.


So what are you going to do, just work till you get to a 1000 dollars and then hold your hand out?
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 03-30-2009, 08:16 AM
AWJ Services AWJ Services is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ga
Posts: 4,208
Quote:
You need one of these.
Is that your machine?
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 03-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Junior M's Avatar
Junior M Junior M is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treemow View Post
You need one of these.
I know, but for the job, we cant do it that way..
__________________
Southeastern Services


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:29 PM.

Page generated in 0.09116 seconds with 10 queries