Register free!

Old 03-04-2009, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Feedback Please

I am fairly new to lighting and would like some feedback. Here are some pics of a project I did. I know the pics are not the greatest. Since the photos were taken, I have toned down the lighting in the peak. Thanks in advance for constructive criticism.
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2009, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Looks great!! I would tilt the light on the trees back a hair...the trunks look a bit hot....I would also add a light or 2 to the left side of the home and one more light on the right.....doesnt have to be super bright but just enough to fill out the front of the home. I see the fountain, it could look cool lit up.....The colums look great IMO! Great job!!
Old 04-01-2009, 04:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Did you install thoes downlights or were they installed by the EC ? If so what fixture are you using and what lamp are you using ?

We did some with lightoliers and a 20w 12 degree lamp. Came out stunning.

I agree with Joey. You need some warmer looking light off to the sides of the entrance.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Member

I did do the pillar down lighting and the peak lighting. I used Unique's Crusader powder coated white. The bulbs are 35W, but I am not sure of the angle. I have just recently learned about all of the different bulb types and how they can make a big difference. Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Not sure if it is just your pic but I would relamp thoes all with 20w depending on the ambient light. If you simply used the lamps that came with the uniques they will more than likley be 36 degree lamps.

I would try a 20w 12 degree on thoes pillars with a hex louver to help with glare.

The lightoliers we use (thanks eddie!) are very hard to notice. The light seems to come from no where and you cannot even tell they are on unless you are directly under the things.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Member

My brother-in-law took these pictures, which are a little misleading. It looks much better in person. I will, however, consider your advice. This past Christmas we put in red and green bulbs on the pillars and peaks and it looked really cool.

There is quite a bit of lighting of trees on the left and right sides of the pictures that don't show up.

This project is about 2.5 hrs away, so I don't get by there much to make adjustments.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Next time youre taking pictures, tell him dont use flash. and take em a little earlier where theres a blue sky.

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com