Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-05-2002, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Member

Another Flyer Question

Has anyone used the services of turfmarketing.com? If so what kind of service did you recieve and how well did their product work for you. I noticed that they are a sponsor on this site and it seems that they have some decent ideas but I haven't noticed anyone mentioning them in any of the many posts about flyers.
Old 09-05-2002, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I believe that they are very new to this site, thus the reason for not many testimonials.

MATT

www.progressivelawn.com
www.wichitalawnmowing.com
www.partybuswichitaks.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci
Old 09-05-2002, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

as soon as i registered my company, i got some samples. They do nice work from what I could see. I would be curious to see the pricing that they would be able to charge for this kinda work.

jf
Old 09-05-2002, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got the samples too. I just don't think I have the volume of business to support an order with them yet. I really like the quality of the fliers they sent.

Old 09-06-2002, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm not sure if I am reading the information on their web site correctly but it appears that you order the original from them, add the information about your particular business, and then have a local printer (Kinko's) do the actual printing. I was thinking that it would save a lot of time trying to come up with some decent art work.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I recently purchased their aeration flyer along with some of their other images and I must say I was impressed with the quality. I have a decent background in designing all of our marketing materials using Pagemaker, Corel and Quark desktop publishing software. I was pressed for time though this time and needed a well thought out designed aeration flyer that is going to press next week in our daily paper. It's a 8 by 11 insert flyer that is stuffed in the papers reaching about 30,000 people. The price is high though, somewhere around $1500 for the 1 day, but the results have been good in the past. I just bought a Plugr aerator last week and my goal is 200 aerations ( have 50 already prior to press) At $100 a pop for 5000 sq ft lawns, that's $20,000 , so the $1500 is worthwhile expense. Getting back to the turfmarketing stuff. I only needed the aeration flyer at $29, but if you buy multiple images, you get a great % off. I bought 5 other images at $9.95 a piece along with the flyer at $29.95 so they took off 40%. So I ended up getting some other great quality images free. They custom make you a cd of your order and you get it in 2 days. You must use Microsoft Publisher 2002 though. I have Microsoft Publisher 2000 and it won't accept the flyers. I had to have my son send me his 2002 version for me to use. The JPEG and Tif images work with all programs, just the pre made flyers need publisher. I was quite impressed with the order process, speed and quality of the images and their firm. I would definetly order again from them.

Mike