Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-19-2009, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Member

BR600 vs Shindaiwa 802

Need a new backpack blower. Not sure between the Stihl BR600 and the Shindaiwa 802.

Which did you buy and why? Thx.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oh boy, here we go again.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Stihl BR 600 and like it pretty well. Very light, very powerful, sips the gas, and is quite quiet for a backpack blower. BUT, from what others have said on this site I would definitely go with the Shindaiwa EB802 because it is a much better blower. That's not to say that the BR 600 is bad or unreliable, but that the Shindaiwa has well surpassed it. It's more reliable because it's a 2-stroke (no valve adjustments), has a little more power, and I hear is super comfortable (although my BR 600 is very comfortable). Just take my opinion for what it is coming from a beginner. You will get tons of replies from people saying to get one or the other, but I do think these are the two best blowers on the market, and are both very good in their respective ways. It really probably comes down to who is the best dealer for you, and if you do go with the Stihl, make sure that they have worked on these 4-MIX blowers before. You should get the valves adjusted on it every year, probably in the off-season. Also ONLY run synthetic oil, like Amsoil Saber or Stihl Ultra, and only run 89-octane or above mid-grade fuel, never 87. If you do these things for a BR 600, it should be very reliable, and last a good long time.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerknower View Post
Oh boy, here we go again.

Maybe I missed it but I searched 802 and didn't find a thing.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have both and I prefer the Shindaiwa 802. It is more comnfortable and a beter overall fell to it. I do notice a difference in power, as it is more powerful than the Stihl. I like the 2-strokes better as the Stihl you will have to adjust the valves. Just my opinion, but it isdefinetly the best blower out on the market right now. Surprisingl, it does very well on gas.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjealey View Post
I have both and I prefer the Shindaiwa 802. It is more comnfortable and a beter overall fell to it. I do notice a difference in power, as it is more powerful than the Stihl. I like the 2-strokes better as the Stihl you will have to adjust the valves. Just my opinion, but it isdefinetly the best blower out on the market right now. Surprisingl, it does very well on gas.
That's a very good and fair explanation about these two blowers. Maybe the best you will get.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I did a side by side comparison before buying: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=269877

...I prefered the BR600 and bought that one b/c the 802 did not blow any harder and the 600 was more comfortable/vibrated less. Both are quality equipment. HTH
Old 04-20-2009, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Member

i haven't used the 802 shinny, but i have used the eb632's and eb501's and the br 600.. my pick and personal preference??

+++++++++redmax eb8100++++++++

we have eb501's and eb632's at day job.. i love shindaiwa but thier blowers can't take being run to death like a stihl or redmax will. i personally ran three eb501's last year for 300 hours and one of them stayed down all the time.. but i think it was the oil they use at day job !?!?!?!?!

i currently have a redmax eb4300 that has been going for 10 years and has 'somewhere north of 1200 hours on it' and runs like brand new ( has been run on opti-2 oil entire life)

and everyone i have talked to that owns a redmax around here ( ebz8100 or ebz7100) loves them
Walker MT 26 EFI GHS
Walker MBV
Exmark Commercial 30
Exmark Commercial 21 AS
Exmark Metro 26
Echo Stuff:
PAS 280 w/shears,edger/trimmer/powerpruner/brush blade
PE280 edger
SRM-280T, SRM 230
HC 150 Shears
CS370 chain saw
Stihl MS290 Farm Boss
Echo PB 770T blower
Redmax EBZ8500 blower
Shindaiwa M242 w/ pole shears and trimmer head
Billy Goat F902S blower and KV600 VAC
Old 04-21-2009, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Member

I recently was debating over which of the High end backpack blowers to get next and posted a similar thread a few weeks back. Here's the link and there's a lot of useful opinions there for ya.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ht=majesticusa

Ultimately I got the Shindaiwa EB802 because:

#1 Its durability is untouchable by any company(Shindaiwa has the closest tolerances of any blower company) BULLETPROOF

#2 I demoed the echo755 stihl600 and the shindaiwa802 and the Shindaiwa was by far the most comfortable. Having used it on 10 spring cleanups I havenít once come home with a sore back, honestly it's amazing. I was reading an article that said the frames design was copied from the military style back packs with the suspended shoulder straps on a 45 degree frame.

#3 POWER its noticeably more powerful than the stihl600 and blows away the echo755(once again I tried all three)

#4 I'm not a fan of handheld four stroke stuff, I do have the stihl 131 pole saw because it is so far superior to any other and love it.... but it revs up for 5 seconds then down. It doesn't have to rev at full rpm until the gas tank runs dry like a blower would for cleanups. A two stroke revs higher, has less moving parts, is proved to be durable over time and the new generation of two strokes are the same on gas the these 4strokes.

#5 My Shindaiwa dealer support is awesome and that at the end of the day is what really matters...
Old 04-21-2009, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Member

i recently bought an m242 shindaiwa for three reasons:

1.other than the blowers, what i run to death at day job the shinny's are super reliable.laborer proof nearly..

2. like the power to weight ratio vs four mix sithl- and shinny's have very good power and competitive price.

3.local shinny dealer ( who is a redmax dealer too-dallas mower) is a great place to deal with.

i ain't sold on shinny's blowers, but the rest of their stuff is awesome.
Walker MT 26 EFI GHS
Walker MBV
Exmark Commercial 30
Exmark Commercial 21 AS
Exmark Metro 26
Echo Stuff:
PAS 280 w/shears,edger/trimmer/powerpruner/brush blade
PE280 edger
SRM-280T, SRM 230
HC 150 Shears
CS370 chain saw
Stihl MS290 Farm Boss