Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Synergy Ground's Avatar
Synergy Ground Synergy Ground is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Zone 8
Posts: 94
A Positive vibe in the economy ???

I’ve seen all the post regarding the “Lost Clients”, but I haven’t seen much in the way of positive news. Synergy Ground Works LLC is not running any marathons in the way of growing as I would like, but I have noticed an upturn in the last few weeks. Sure, It can be linked to the growing season kicking in, but of the contracts we have gained, we have noticed a much more positive outlook from our clients. Many residential accounts have gotten new jobs and speak of doing much better and feel they are on the way back. Our commercial clients are gaining profits, hiring employees, etc.. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a little positive vibe in the air over the last few weeks?
__________________

Save the earth, for it is the only place with bird dogs!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-20-2009, 10:50 PM
CrystalCreek's Avatar
CrystalCreek CrystalCreek is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fair Lawn NJ
Posts: 808
I think this year has been much more positive than last year at the same time. Gas has come down, jobless claims are leveling off, the markets seem to be stabilizing, and people seem to be surviving. Hang in there, the world will continue to spin and the sun will rise again tomorrow, unless your in New Jersey. We seem to be in a monsoon season of some sort.
__________________
Solo operation, residental acounts Fully Licensed and Insured
21 years experience, 8 year by myself
Walker, Scag, Redmax,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMax Man View Post
Walker is for those who go above the standard of mowing and strive to Manicure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites View Post
Tentatively speaking, kinda... I think... And maybe, thou I sure hope so, sure would be nice.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-20-2009, 10:53 PM
lawnpro724's Avatar
lawnpro724 lawnpro724 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Effingham,IL
Posts: 2,202
I wouldn't say its going great but I have made up for the losses I took earlier this spring. It looked like it was going to be a good year but then I lost a couple commercial accounts and a few residential. I have made up most of the loss I took and I'm starting to receive calls daily for mowing now that the season is finally in full swing. Just taking it day by day, hopefully things will keep looking up.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-20-2009, 11:01 PM
topsites topsites is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Richmond Virginia
Posts: 21,677
Tentatively speaking, kinda... I think... And maybe, thou I sure hope so, sure would be nice.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-20-2009, 11:02 PM
mklawnman's Avatar
mklawnman mklawnman is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Richfield, WI (southeastern)
Posts: 634
I would agree with lawnpro724, Im slowly making up for early spring losses to my maintenance side of the business. Lost a few big ones due to budget issues. Calls are coming in more since the weather is slowly turning around, but its not easy, lots of customers getting ALOT of bids, just gotta take it one day at a time and hold your own.
The economy is going to take awhile to recover but maybe the spring will bring new life to the economy for all of us.
__________________
1999 F350 PSDiesel 9' Dump bed 8'6" Plow
2005 Chevy 2500HD 6.0 Gas 8' Western Plow & salter
2002 F250 PSDiesel 4x4 8' Western Plow & Salter
2003 8.5x16' Great Lakes Cargo Enclosed Trailer
2005 6x20' BNM tandem 12,000lbs trailer
2011 Scag 61" Turf Tiger 29 LCKawi DFI
2005 Scag 61" Turf Tiger 29 LCKawi DFI
2004 Scag 72" Turf Tiger 29 LCKawi DFI
2001 Scag 52" Turf Tiger 23 LCKawi
2002 Scag 52" SWZ 17 Kawi
2003 JD 250 Series II 64hp
Echo handhelds
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-20-2009, 11:20 PM
GracesLandscaping GracesLandscaping is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: hopkinsville, ky
Posts: 632
this year has started off by far my best year yet! i have picked up several accounts, and have alot of jobs i need to get done such as mulch jobs or rock jobs for my mowing accounts!!!!!!
__________________
Grace's Landscaping

New eXmark lazer Z 31/60
Honda 21" that i never ever use
Stihl trimmers, blowers, etc.
23 years old, 6 years in business
Liscenced and Insured
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-20-2009, 11:40 PM
LBLC_LCO's Avatar
LBLC_LCO LBLC_LCO is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Independence, MO.
Posts: 402
Great start to the season here for me as well.

10 new accounts so far this year.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Lawnut101 Lawnut101 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Bend WI
Posts: 2,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by mklawnman View Post
I would agree with lawnpro724, Im slowly making up for early spring losses to my maintenance side of the business. Lost a few big ones due to budget issues. Calls are coming in more since the weather is slowly turning around, but its not easy, lots of customers getting ALOT of bids, just gotta take it one day at a time and hold your own.
The economy is going to take awhile to recover but maybe the spring will bring new life to the economy for all of us.
Yeah same here. Many "new" calls are from people getting quotes. Haven't landed any of those jobs yet. People are too cheap around here. Or maybe I'm to pricey.
__________________
2011 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2007 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 4x4
2007 GMC 3500HD Dump
2001 Ford F-350 4x4 SD XLT 7.3PSD
6X16' Tandem axle trailer
5X8 BIG MAX trailer
Exmark Vantage 24/52
Bobcat Predator Pro 61" 26LC
Simplicity Legacy 60" Vanguard Diesel
Redmax EB7001, 7150, 7500
Stihl BG55, SH85
Echo SRM-210, SRM-225 (3), Dolmar 22C
(2) Echo PAS-265
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-21-2009, 12:10 AM
lawnpro724's Avatar
lawnpro724 lawnpro724 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Effingham,IL
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnut101 View Post
Yeah same here. Many "new" calls are from people getting quotes. Haven't landed any of those jobs yet. People are too cheap around here. Or maybe I'm to pricey.
There too cheap!!! have same thing happening around here. I can't believe what people are willing to work for around here. I'm still making decent money but its getting harder and people are getting cheaper but I don't blame them. I blame all the businesses or Joe blow for working so cheap and driving prices into the ground. If businesses would just stand their ground people would pay a better price. I mean really if you call several different plumbers their price is going to be close to the same, if you take your truck in for repairs the cost is going to be around the same as other shops in the area. But not in our industry and we have only our selves to blame.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-21-2009, 12:55 AM
TheC-Master TheC-Master is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: C-Masterland
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy Ground View Post
I’ve seen all the post regarding the “Lost Clients”, but I haven’t seen much in the way of positive news. Synergy Ground Works LLC is not running any marathons in the way of growing as I would like, but I have noticed an upturn in the last few weeks. Sure, It can be linked to the growing season kicking in, but of the contracts we have gained, we have noticed a much more positive outlook from our clients. Many residential accounts have gotten new jobs and speak of doing much better and feel they are on the way back. Our commercial clients are gaining profits, hiring employees, etc.. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a little positive vibe in the air over the last few weeks?
I've had a few clients stabilize, but it isn't perfect yet, but it does seem to be getting better.
__________________
http://cutandtrim.net/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 AM.

Page generated in 0.10721 seconds with 9 queries