Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-24-2009, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Over-turned lawnmower causing traffic problems

http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_ho...dia?id=3887404

(KSHB Video) An overturned riding lawnmower on I-670 near Stateline Road was causing traffic problems during rush hour traffic Friday morning. (April 24, 2009)

Another reminder to strap down your equipment.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thats were my lawn mower is. that dam thing just likes to wonder off sometimes and when it gets scared it rolls over and plays dead.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

thats sucks
Toro
STHIL
Shindawia
Western Salt Spreader
Billy Goat
Tomahawk

Minnesota certified pesticide applicator
NOT MY PRESIDENT!
Old 04-24-2009, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i thinks its bc its a toro
Old 04-24-2009, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Holy crap, that's my Troy Bilt. Oh well. Why didn't they just turn it over and drive it back on the trailer lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningside View Post
I bought a wb from 4.3 Mudder and it was a great deal. he was honest and it was easy.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcat View Post
thats were my lawn mower is. that dam thing just likes to wonder off sometimes and when it gets scared it rolls over and plays dead.

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Old 04-26-2009, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2brothersyardcare View Post
i thinks its bc its a toro

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Old 04-27-2009, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Makes cleaning the deck a breeze.

That's why everything I have on my trailer is secured down each time I pull out onto the road.
Not doing so is just plain stupidity on the operators part. I don't care if your driving 100ft or 100 miles, it is SUPPOSE to be secured, after all, it IS the law.

I had a tow dolly ratchet come off a dolly one time. I didn't realize the ratchet was not secure when I took off to head home. Got on the highway and within a few miles, I came over a bridge, when the dolly bounced, I just happen to look in the rear view mirror only to see the ratchet assembly bounce off the trailer at 60mph. It hit the road and bounced up at least 10-15ft tumbling through the air. As it was tumbling, I saw a car in it's lane driving right into it. Took out the windshield. I then saw what looked like a NASCAR wreck as cars were sliding sideways, swerving into the grass media strip and sliding all over the place. Luckily nobody was hurt and no other damage was caused other then the windshield but it was a BIG lesson learned and now I check EVERYTHING before I leave to head out on the road. It only takes once and your screwed if the wrong thing happens at the right time. Strap the junk down and rest assured you won't have to worry.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALC-GregH View Post
Makes cleaning the deck a breeze.

That's why everything I have on my trailer is secured down each time I pull out onto the road.
Not doing so is just plain stupidity on the operators part. I don't care if your driving 100ft or 100 miles, it is SUPPOSE to be secured, after all, it IS the law.

I had a tow dolly ratchet come off a dolly one time. I didn't realize the ratchet was not secure when I took off to head home. Got on the highway and within a few miles, I came over a bridge, when the dolly bounced, I just happen to look in the rear view mirror only to see the ratchet assembly bounce off the trailer at 60mph. It hit the road and bounced up at least 10-15ft tumbling through the air. As it was tumbling, I saw a car in it's lane driving right into it. Took out the windshield. I then saw what looked like a NASCAR wreck as cars were sliding sideways, swerving into the grass media strip and sliding all over the place. Luckily nobody was hurt and no other damage was caused other then the windshield but it was a BIG lesson learned and now I check EVERYTHING before I leave to head out on the road. It only takes once and your screwed if the wrong thing happens at the right time. Strap the junk down and rest assured you won't have to worry.
Gosh, did you go back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningside View Post
I bought a wb from 4.3 Mudder and it was a great deal. he was honest and it was easy.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Heck yeah, as soon as I saw it flipping through the air I started pulling over. Luckily nobody was hurt. The guy was kind of cool about it and there wasn't a need to call the police. Everyone that started swerving to dodge the bullet managed to get back on the highway without anyone else being involved. I found the ratchet. It was completely mangled. What happened, the ratchet came off the dolly and I saw it bouncing on the highway, a car was driving right into the path. When it hit the car, it flew another 15+ft in the air. Luckily it didn't hit any other cars.