Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-21-2009, 08:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We have used deep tine areation on a few fields and it has worked well for us. We recently had a football practice field that had some drainage/compaction issues, so for it we went with the drill and fill process. It is a very slow process, but very effective.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Dear Foreplease,
I was impressed with the amt of time and research placed into your decision. I was hoping that you could supply me with the contact information of the business that performed the demonstration. I would greatly appreciate the information.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJBROWN88 View Post
Dear Foreplease,
I was impressed with the amt of time and research placed into your decision. I was hoping that you could supply me with the contact information of the business that performed the demonstration. I would greatly appreciate the information.
Thanks MAJORBROWN88. I used Davey Golf Course Maintenance in Auburn, MI. I just looked at their web site which lists a Kent, OH office you might find more convenient. I now understand there is another good company closer to me, but Davey went out of their way to help me out initially and I have no reason to change. Quite the opposite, I hope I can come up with enough work to keep them interested in working with me.

TMarch: we paid a lot less than 1 1/2 cents/square foot. The hole spacing was 6" x 7". Everybody's budgets are off this year but we're going to try to core deep on the soil fields and probably continue deep tining on sand.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Member

name of other company

Foreplease,
Care to give me the name of the other company as well? I would really appreciate it.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Dear Green World brothers and sisters,
I am trying to locate all deep tine aerating businesses throughout OH, KY, and IN. I would appreciate any business contact information. For the record, I am trying to drum up some tine business. I will gladly send anyone a Toro hat for their assistance. Thanks
Old 04-29-2009, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The other company is Turf Services of Spring Lake, MI. Although I have never met or spoken with them, someone I think very highly of has told me great things about them. There is good information on their web site.

It was kind of a crazy accident that my path and Davey Golf's crossed when they did. That said, they were so prompt and accommodating that I have not felt any reason to contact anyone else. It's not as if I have an occasion to provide this service every week or even every month. Trying to do some every season.

If the Davey demo had not happened as it did, I probably would have contacted Turf Services and been quite happy with them.