Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-26-2009, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Member

you make money at 0.5 on a big job, a smaller job the price go's up, 150 thou sq/ft at 0.05 is 7500.00... material costs 2805.00 and 2 days work and its done.. me and 2 guy's.... labor 350.00 gas 40.00 that's around 4305.00 profit, give or take..... even if it took a few day's its worth it.... for me anyways...
Old 04-26-2009, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Member

thats one coat with 30% water.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Member

one big company in my area is going in at 0.04 on big jobs....i have a few friends that own big lots and i have them get me a few estimates at the start of the season....
Old 04-29-2009, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Member

wow, you have no clue of what you are talking about... 4300 in profit.....
first off what about taxes, Unemployment insurance, workmans comp, Truck Insurance, general Liabilty insurance, advertising... Truck payments, equipment maintenance.... adn where do you get 2800 in material.. Average price of sealer is between 2.25-2.75.. on the low end you saying your gonna use only 1200 gallons... I dont want to sound like a A$$ but your just stupid. That is a $16000.00 job . You will not be around long.. The dunkin donuts in my area pay 6-7 cents a sq every yea and every year they do them again bc the sealer wears off in 2 months bc it is all waterd down... Average prices for a sealcoating company in my area is, 10-14 cents commercial 1 coat and 13-19 residential.... anything else and its not worth it..

Seriously I think you should quit not..
Old 04-29-2009, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ews View Post
wow, you have no clue of what you are talking about... 4300 in profit.....
First off what about taxes, unemployment insurance, workmans comp, truck insurance, general liabilty insurance, advertising... Truck payments, equipment maintenance.... Adn where do you get 2800 in material.. Average price of sealer is between 2.25-2.75.. On the low end you saying your gonna use only 1200 gallons... I dont want to sound like a a$$ but your just stupid. That is a $16000.00 job . You will not be around long.. The dunkin donuts in my area pay 6-7 cents a sq every yea and every year they do them again bc the sealer wears off in 2 months bc it is all waterd down... Average prices for a sealcoating company in my area is, 10-14 cents commercial 1 coat and 13-19 residential.... Anything else and its not worth it..

Seriously i think you should quit not..
look, i pay 1.56 a gallon for sealer, with 30% water, eaton and sons asphalt has been in business for 22 years, now you price your sealing the way you want and i will price mine, dont come on here and call me stupid when you have no idea... At 2.75 a gallon i can see charging that price, i dont pay 2.75, i have ton's of work and allway's have, so i am doing something right...
Old 05-02-2009, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Member

it must be real good sealer that you only get a coverage rate of 60 sq ft.

And you didnt answer my question, how do you figure you will make 4300 profit.. What about you TAXES!!!!! Insurance!!

only 40.00 dollars in gas..... So your blowers, sealer machines, Trucks are gonna run for 2 days as you seal for only 40.00. Your FULL OF IT. You do not know how to bid and your not going to survive

Just my 2 cents.... You should add it to your estimates... AND Start Paying TAXES
Old 05-03-2009, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWS View Post
it must be real good sealer that you only get a coverage rate of 60 sq ft.

And you didnt answer my question, how do you figure you will make 4300 profit.. What about you TAXES!!!!! Insurance!!

only 40.00 dollars in gas..... So your blowers, sealer machines, Trucks are gonna run for 2 days as you seal for only 40.00. Your FULL OF IT. You do not know how to bid and your not going to survive

Just my 2 cents.... You should add it to your estimates... AND Start Paying TAXES
ok *******, for one i only have one sealer truck, and 2 billygoat blowers and two guy's, the job is at the corner, 2 blocks from my house 2 miles from the yard.
gas is only 1.92 a gallon, so how much ******* gas will i need for a day and a half. 2 ******* i pay taxes every year, with my deductions how much taxes will it be on my profit (not much) and my insurance is 700.00 a year, so if i break it down to how much it cost's for ins on every job (what 10.00 a job) and you keep saying i am going to go under or not survive wee i dont think so, been doing this to many years, all my trucks are paid for, i have very little overhead, now i only have 2 guy's helping me, i made after taxes last year 190 grand... i made 110 grand just this winter plowing snow and salting... my company is not that big, i have 4 pickup trucks with plows, 2 dump trucks, 5 and 3 yard, one bobcat skidsteer, one 20ft trailer one 16ft trailer, 2 stripers, 2 blowers, and one 755 ford backhoe...so why you busting my chops. when all said and done i made a good profit (for me) on that job.... oh and my cargo van i lease out to landstar in the winter for hauling freight. oh heres a pic of the hardware we did... total time on the job was 6.5 hours.. i made 1100.00 profit on this one......
Attached Images

Old 05-03-2009, 01:18 AM
LawnSite Member

maybe this pic will be bigger.
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2009, 08:13 AM
LawnSite Member

I guess your doing pretty well to clear 190 grand last year. by the time you pay all your liabilities..... Im glad you pay your taxes. if not you really have to be stupid coming on here and stating numbers, I have known of a few guys that got caught by the irs doing that. Good Luck
Old 05-05-2009, 08:50 AM
LawnSite Member

when i first started (1985) i had a f350 flat bed, i would get a ton of asphalt and would go patch pot hole's, i soon found out that alot of business's would not wright me a personal check, so i had a tax guy start me a corp, (1986) and from that day till now all my taxes were done by him, i had him start me a rental company, and an expediting company for my van's, an the way he do's it i save quite a bit, sealing is just a small part of what we do, i allway's check and see what the big guy's charge at the beginning of the season, last week a friend of mine did a huge lot at 4 1/2 cents a foot, 250 thousand sq/ft, so pricing is different in all areas, yesterday i put down 30 ton's of asphalt in a driveway, i payed 46.95 a ton. when i first started it was 11.95 a ton....

have a good day..