Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 05-14-2009, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

New Trimstar 54"

I seen a new Trimstar put out I believe at GIE. I haven't heard anything else about this.

We are so frustrated with the cut, and some design problems with our SWB's that I need to move them and get some new ones. I need to do this relatively soon. I do not want to switch brands, so does anyone have a release date on this mower?

Does anyone know if the wheel base on the new 54" Trimstar will be anything liek that on the 54" SWB? I sure hope so!

Thanks
Old 05-14-2009, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The new TrimStars are in production now and they are shipping to our warehouses also, they are starting to show up at dealers also.
Talk to your dealer about availability.
The wheelbase is very nice, wide and also with large tires, 20 X 10 - 10
Here are the width specs on the 54"
Overall width: 54.6 in
Tire to Tire: 46.75

Pj
Old 05-14-2009, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks PJ, do you think it would be possible to set up a demo with the dealer?
Old 05-15-2009, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Also, how does the length of the machine compare to the swb? It looks shorts that would be a welcomed change!

Are the controls the same as the SWB? They look like it, no one on my team likes the controls on the 48" trimstar.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzer View Post
Thanks PJ, do you think it would be possible to set up a demo with the dealer?
Talk to them and find out when they will have a demo unit, there are some demo units out there, but they are finding there way to sales due to demand.
If they cant work it ou for you e-mail me or Frank and we will see what we can do.

Pj
Old 05-15-2009, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Also, how does the length of the machine compare to the swb? It looks shorts that would be a welcomed change!

Are the controls the same as the SWB? They look like it, no one on my team likes the controls on the 48" trimstar.
Much shorter!!! 76" from front to back.
Controls are the same as the old wb / swb also, no more cruise control like the previous years TrimStar's.
Here are a couple links to spec sheets and information on the new walk behinds.
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.p...0&d=1239050415
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.p...1&d=1239050538

Pj
Old 05-15-2009, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Man, sounds like everything is up to snuff! A mower that cuts great (hopefully =)) and everything the old one was without the length!

We LOVE our SWB's but the cuts are really not that great and that was on brand new mowers. We run two 54's a 48 and a 60 super z. We love Hustler, and seeing them come out with this 54" is such a relief. We run Wright ZK's but I needed a good yellow walk behind, and I think this will fill it. So glad they went back to the old controls too! So as long as it cuts good and we can actually jump this on curbs (48 nearly impossible) my guys might want to give you a kiss =P!

Thanks for all the info!

If I can get a 54" I just want to verify the cut on long grass, if the cut is what it should be it will never see the dealer again =).
Old 05-15-2009, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

BTW, whats the front to back measurement of the 54" swb?? I think its like 12 feet hehe.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
BTW, whats the front to back measurement of the 54" swb?? I think its like 12 feet hehe.
I am not sure what it was, I dont have a spec sheet that old laying around the office, sorry.
It was loooongggg...

Pj
Old 05-18-2009, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Member

What is the MSRP on the 48 and 54? I think the 2009 MSRP list showed the 36 and 48. Might want to trade in my 08 at the end of this season or the next