Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-25-2002, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

management software

Can you enter data on a daily basis for each customer and then print an invoice at the end of the month in quickbooks pro? I currently use quicken home and business. I can track all of my bank accounts, accounts payable, recievable, invoicing, reports, etc. The only thing I don't like is going through all of my route sheets for the month, tallying up all charges per customer, and then creating an invoice for each. It wasn't bad when I was just starting out, but as I have grown, the process takes forever. I really want a program where I can enter data daily and then just click a button for each customer at the end of the month to create an invoice. What program or programs would you suggest, not only for that but overall business management?
Old 09-25-2002, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

GET QXpress found at www.alocet.com. The only way to enter charges as you say would be using the customer register then printing a statement at the end of the month.
Old 09-25-2002, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Take a look at lawnmonkey.com They have a free demo and QExpress demo is located on the same disk. Lawn Monkey is not cheap, around $800 I think. They have a sponsored supported forum here at lawnsite. Clip is another detailed program that offers a free demo along with a very lengthy video tape, very costly also.

MATT

www.progressivelawn.com
www.wichitalawnmowing.com
www.partybuswichitaks.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci
Old 09-26-2002, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I shopped for years. Last fall I bought Qxpress and Quick Books Pro. Started using them Jan 1.

Qxpress gives me the power I need to schedule service appts by time of day for my irrigation business. It also does the standard recurring stuff by day like mowing, pruning ec and one time jobs like clean ups mulch etc. It invoices ANY WAY you want including what you are talking about.

I particularly like Qxpress becasue it intefaces with one of the most popular and powerful acctg & payroll programs, Quick Books Pro. This is a fabulous duo when properly set up so the info is useful.
Old 09-26-2002, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info.
I'll look into upgrading to Quickbooks Pro along with Qexpress. The combination of the two sounds like it would be the way to go. I have a demo of Clip from the beginning of the season, but I think it may be more than I need. Thanks again
Old 09-27-2002, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by HBFOXJr
I shopped for years. Last fall I bought Qxpress and Quick Books Pro. Started using them Jan 1.

Qxpress gives me the power I need to schedule service appts by time of day for my irrigation business. It also does the standard recurring stuff by day like mowing, pruning ec and one time jobs like clean ups mulch etc. It invoices ANY WAY you want including what you are talking about.

I particularly like Qxpress becasue it intefaces with one of the most popular and powerful acctg & payroll programs, Quick Books Pro. This is a fabulous duo when properly set up so the info is useful.

DITTO
This combination of Quickbooks Pro and Qxpress has been a dream come true for me. And the customer support from Alocet is second to no one!!!!! LOVE IT !
Old 09-28-2002, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

How much does Qxpress cost, I am going to check this out. Can a guy pick up both Qxpress and QB for under $300???

thanks
MATT

www.progressivelawn.com
www.wichitalawnmowing.com
www.partybuswichitaks.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci
Old 09-28-2002, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have found QB Pro for $250 and QB Basic for $150. They have Qxpress Standard for $425, and Qxpress Gold for $825. They also have Qxpress platinum, but I don't remember how much that was.
I'm currently researching things to find the most cost effective way for me to go. Right now it looks like QB with Qxpress standard. I would really like the Qxpress Gold so I can track the profitability of each customer better. Right now my main concern for next season is more effecient billing which the Standard will take care of. Maybe the following season I can upgrade to Gold. Check out Qxpress on the lawn monkey site located through the LM forum.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
[ kppurn]

Right now my main concern for next season is more effecient billing which the Standard will take care of. Maybe the following season I can upgrade to Gold.
I was not sure either when decicing which version to get. I leased the standard this year, and we will see if it fits my needs next season. In my opinion, you can not beat the value of this program. I have been using it since February, and I am still amazed at how easy it is to schedule and do the billing. I started to offer contracts this year and was kind of worried about scheduling work and the payments, especially the work that would be done that was not on the contract. With qxpress, it is a breeze!!!!! Thumbs up for this program!!!