Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-04-2009, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

How are older NH 190b skid steers?

i might consider buying this one from a tree guy i know. its prolly an 05 model, 998 hours, 2 speed, superboom, enclosed cab, ac/heat, in/out aux hydro couplers on the boom.

its not in the best of shape, missing front glass etc... but are these machines any good? ive used a similar new holland a while back but dont remember much about it.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

They're definitely tough machines that will lift like a beast, but the visibility isn't that great. I'm assuming you'll be using it for landscaping. The ass end is very long and unwieldy, and it would be hard to grade in tight areas without hitting anything. New Hollands are good skids, but you might want to look at a smaller model unless you'll be using it in open areas.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

ya, i was sitting in it and looking around to check the visibility, the long tail does decrease the rearward view.

what kind of price range would it be worth, with the minimal description i was able to give? i can snap some pics as ill prolly b using it to put a new lawn in soon, running a harley rake and putting new topsoil down.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Member

We have one here at the school. Not a bad machine but it is very long. One of the pluses to this I've found when working in wet areas is that it doesn't leave as big of a footprint as our Deere.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProTouch Groundscapes View Post
ya, i was sitting in it and looking around to check the visibility, the long tail does decrease the rearward view.

what kind of price range would it be worth, with the minimal description i was able to give? i can snap some pics as ill prolly b using it to put a new lawn in soon, running a harley rake and putting new topsoil down.
Around here, that skid would go for somewhere between $25k and $28k (after reconditioning), but I live in an area where New Holland has 50%+ market share. I've seen them anywhere from 22k to 30k. Your best bet is to check around different sites (machinerytrader.com and equipmentlocator.com are my favorites) and search by distance from your area to find comparable machines. That will give you the best indication of the machine's value in your local area. If you want to drive to Iowa, I have an identical machine in excellent condition with a brand new bucket on it for $28k on the lot right now .
Old 06-08-2009, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane472 View Post
We have one here at the school. Not a bad machine but it is very long. One of the pluses to this I've found when working in wet areas is that it doesn't leave as big of a footprint as our Deere.
True. The 190 has 12" tires, vs. standard 14s on the Deere of the same size (328). 12s are optional on the Deere.