Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2009, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Lesco 36" Mower; Multiple Problems

Hello, all, if I can help you with any additional info, please let me know and I'll post it, I'll do my best to give you everything I can.

My Lesco walk-behind is about ten years old, according to its original owner. It has a 14 hp Kawasaki motor on it. I don't believe anything has ever been replaced on it before.

The first problem I have is that it is dragging quite a bit to the right. If I let go of both brakes, it pulls to the right. If I am cutting a yard, it's also very difficult to turn right because pulling the right brake lever is very hard, so I usually just cut going the opposite direction (which is counter-intuitive).

The second problem I have is that my blades are not running very fast, the belt was slipping off, and it is now staying on, but the blades still run at about half speed. I think the belt is frayed and this is causing the problem, and I just need to get a new belt. Do y'all know if the belt has to be for a Lesco, or will any belt for any 36" walk-behind work?

The final problem is that when going up a hill or through thick grass, the mower will stop moving. It's almost as if the motor doesn't have enough "umph" to push me through, and i have to push hard on it to get it to move. This can happen on even a slight incline, and it's not really awful, but it's certainly not handy. Any ideas?

So, I know this is a large list, but anyone feel free to chime in on any one of these that you might know about, and hopefully you can help me solve all of them! Thank you so much for reading, and thanks in advance for your help! Have a good day!

Tags
36" , lesco , repair , walk behind