Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-11-2009, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbettis View Post
dave... could you possiby email or post your secret to getting that lawn to look like that. i have a bermuda 419 lawn and its in pretty good shape but would like to know your fertilizer type to your irrigation schedule.. my email is tellyabettis@msn.com. whats the secret of the river sand. just email me your tactics. thanks
For my lawn I have no irrigation, topdressed with manure in the spring and 3 timed applications of fertilizer and a topdressing of sand a few weeks ago to level the lawn. The manure helped add organics to the soil as I had core aerated a few weeks prior to application, the sand helped level the lawn and also add something lighter to clay soils.

By far the best improvement to lawn quality is the addition of my reel mower.

After that its nothing but time, time and more time spent working in the lawn.

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Old 06-11-2009, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

And Dave's advice and assistance! Thanks Dave for coming over with your Locke and showing me how low it should be cut!!

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Old 06-11-2009, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey i ordered 15 pallets of 419 in mini rolls with 604 sq. ft. per pallet. I want it too look that good dave... Could you email me your chemical program along with sanding and stuff like you are for the other guy. I would really appreciate it.. jonathansheehan818@mac.com MY email... thanks you guys. I am very excited... irrigation is going down on monday morning hopefully then sod that evening or tuesday in the AM.... appraiser is coming in one day next week not sure when and i really hope that he or she doesn't come in on monday or tuesday or i am screwed....

"Making Thomasville and surrounding areas more beautiful one yard at a time!"
Old 06-11-2009, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

1) Exmark 36 @ 2"
2) Exmark 36 @ 2.5"
3)Exmark 36 @ 2.5"
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2009, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Showed up by a rotary mower!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-11-2009, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShe8918 View Post
Hey i ordered 15 pallets of 419 in mini rolls with 604 sq. ft. per pallet. I want it too look that good dave... Could you email me your chemical program along with sanding and stuff like you are for the other guy. I would really appreciate it.. jonathansheehan818@mac.com MY email... thanks you guys. I am very excited... irrigation is going down on monday morning hopefully then sod that evening or tuesday in the AM.... appraiser is coming in one day next week not sure when and i really hope that he or she doesn't come in on monday or tuesday or i am screwed....
I tried to send it to you, but came back in valid address? send me your e-mail address to davek@bellsouth.net
Old 06-11-2009, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Three questions for you bermuda people. Do the majority of people use a rotary mower or a reel mower... How big of a difference is in the quality of cut are you seeing from a reel mower to a rotary mower? I love the look of a yard that looks like a GOLF course BUT... i have a large doberman pinscher and i am afraid when he pees or poops on the short mowed grass that the grass will die... Is that the case? I though about mowing it with a reel at say like 1" and seeing how i liked it... I really don't want any higher... What are your takes on the situation.... AND DON"T SAY GET RID OF THE DOG.... LoL.. By the way all of them look extremely nice... I just want my lawn to be the height of these that were taken from cgaengineer in the zoysia thread...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=227385&page=13

Old 06-11-2009, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave k View Post
I tried to send it to you, but came back in valid address? send me your e-mail address to davek@bellsouth.net
email sent...

Old 06-11-2009, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It won't matter if its 1/2" or 3" bermuda will die if pissed on. But for that golf course look, and thick, dense turf a reel mower is the only way to go. I had mine looking good with a rotary mower, but it looks 10 times better with a reel.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-11-2009, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
It won't matter if its 1/2" or 3" bermuda will die if pissed on. But for that golf course look, and thick, dense turf a reel mower is the only way to go. I had mine looking good with a rotary mower, but it looks 10 times better with a reel.
Posted via Mobile Device
your kidding right? I hope you are joking. What the heck am i going to do then? What if i give him those pills that are suppose to keep it from burning the yard? How bout then?