Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-13-2009, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karelle View Post
Wanted to give a big THANK YOU to the folks that helped me out...my lawn is doing very well thanks to you!

First thing I did was go buy a manual aerator and go over the whole lawn with it. It was so compacted, I just couldn't stand to wait until fall....weeds or no weeds!

After that, I got some fine compost (there were an awful lot of large pieces of wood in what was said to be "fine" compost that I was worried a bit about, though turns out to not have been a problem) and raked that all over.

A few days later, I remembered that I'd wanted to give overseeding a try (I know, should be done before the compost layer) so I bought some seed and a hand held spreader and went to town.

A couple weeks later, I bought some of the Scott's Turf Builder Fertilizer granules and spread some of that over the lawn. That's when things really started to get going!

Anyway, it's nice and lush and wonderful to walk on! We've also very much limited the amount of walking/playing on the lawn when it's wet.

(Look, the valve cover is almost hidden!)

Now.....I've just got to figure out how to make these bushes into hedges. Any ideas on how to prune so the left side grows into the middle part? Here's two pictures spliced together (that's why it looks kinda strange) so you can see the whole back fence.

thanks for the pics , looks like its doing well.. dont trim for a while, specially in between plants, and if you do trim in between only clip about half inch that way it will start forking off,, looks good.

BRINGING REVIVAL TO YOUR LAND
PSALMS 67