Register free!

Old 08-07-2002, 12:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Where does the fill go?

I have been kicking the idea around about trying a pond for a while now. Everything seems so easy from brochures etc. But there is no mention about what happens to the fill that is removed from the pond. This seems as if it would be a time consuming portion of the job if I have to haul it off. If it stays there, how do you keep the berm from being 2 ft tall? an 11x16 will produce a lot of fill.

Gotta Go--Gotta Mow
Old 08-07-2002, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Member

If you are even remotely considering doing ponds, even for yourself, buy the Aquascapes book. Money well spent from several points of veiw. Good marketing ideas, good pond Ideas, and great "how to".

Short version is you dig half and build up half especially around the waterfall, you do not haul off anything, except boxes and weeds with the Aquascape Designs way of doing things.

I wil throw in another shameless plug as well. Go to one of their pond days and build one. It really jells when you see it done and get in there and do it with them. I did not participate in the digging much, but spent a bunch of time asking questions and holding things when we were at the assembling and laying out stages. There is no cheaper way to learn than the build a pond day in my opinion. It is cheaper than making the mistakes that come along with doing it without training.

Alan Bechard
Old 10-09-2002, 02:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ditto