Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-14-2009, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWS View Post
now I can see how you only charge 4-5 cents a sq.. THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN PUT SEALER DOWN CORRECTLY WITH A TRASH PUMP, NO SAND, NO ADDITVES..COME ON NOW..... YOU ALSO STATED YOU DID 650K A YEAR SEALING, NOW I KNOW YOU A STRAIGHT UP BULLSHITTER.. AROUND HERE YOU WOULDNT LAST A WEEK WITH YOUR RUSTED OUT CARGO VAN AND GYPSIE TANK..... I JUST DONT GET IT.. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO AGIATATE A 275 GALLON TOTE WITH A SHOVEL...
HERE'S YOUR WORDS ABOUT THE 190 GRAND I MADE... I DONT SEE 650K ANYWHERE....

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...39#post2971339
Old 05-14-2009, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Member

WOW.... You have some nice things, hahahah..... Looks more like a scrap yard..... Seriously your really mature, posting all your junk on here. All im saying is you cannot seal properly with a tote and trash pump. End of story.... The sealer is not mixed....

As for no one responding, who cares, alot of guys dont respond because this is what happens.

Let me go out and seal this 35k sq foot parking lot for 4500.00 that you would charge 2000.00
Old 05-14-2009, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ews View Post
wow.... You have some nice things, hahahah..... Looks more like a scrap yard..... Seriously your really mature, posting all your junk on here. All im saying is you cannot seal properly with a tote and trash pump. End of story.... The sealer is not mixed....

As for no one responding, who cares, alot of guys dont respond because this is what happens.

Let me go out and seal this 35k sq foot parking lot for 4500.00 that you would charge 2000.00
oh well, its my scrap yard, and i can see your price's at 2.75 a gallon for sealer i would charge that to...but i pay 1.56 a gallon.
As for the trash pump i dont use one, i have used the tote to carry pre mixed sealer to the job, but have never sprayed from a tote....
As for being mature , i am 47, i work hard and play hard, and my pic's have nothing to do with being mature, now you price your work and i will price mine. But no matter what you still have a big mouth.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Member

This thread was pretty funny.. None the less eaton can we see the tank in the back of the van?
Old 06-16-2009, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne903 View Post
This thread was pretty funny.. None the less eaton can we see the tank in the back of the van?
its not a tote......
Old 06-16-2009, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton&sonsasphalt View Post
its not a tote......
I never said it was, i said tank. No need to jump the gun like I'm picking fun or something. I only asked cause I'm trying to find out the best way to mount one of my tanks in one of my vans. As in did you mount it in the middle so the weight is even or did you mount at the very rear over axle?

Thanks
Old 06-16-2009, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne903 View Post
I never said it was, i said tank. No need to jump the gun like I'm picking fun or something. I only asked cause I'm trying to find out the best way to mount one of my tanks in one of my vans. As in did you mount it in the middle so the weight is even or did you mount at the very rear over axle?

Thanks
sorry about me jumping the gun....i mounted it closer to the back of the van so alot of the weight is over the rear, that way i have room for stuff up front, but you have to watch the weight, i carry 350 gal and its kinda heavy...... its the best sealing rig i have ever used....way better than my trailer and sealmaster tank....
Old 06-16-2009, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Im guesssing its premix...how else would you stir it..lol. I read some posts so im guessing you make only a small part of your 190k from sealing. So far this year the return on my flyers is horrible. Only one job and one from last year called...residential. Im doing 500 more today and going to persevere. Might just be to rainy out for most people.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Do you get a lot of sway in the rear of the van when driving it? I have a 400 gallon tank, and worried about that in my 02 chevy 2500 van. I'm looking at an box truck (03) that a guy wont's to trade for my van. I'm thinking it would work better, and i could cut a ramp into the side, and mount tank at rear. With the room i might get 2 tanks in there. Since their built for heavy loads. Then tons of room upfront for everything i might need. Make it much more easy then running my truck, and big trailer.

Edit: To the above, my 2 400 gallon tanks have hand adi mixers.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRUG2K View Post
Im guesssing its premix...how else would you stir it..lol. I read some posts so im guessing you make only a small part of your 190k from sealing. So far this year the return on my flyers is horrible. Only one job and one from last year called...residential. Im doing 500 more today and going to persevere. Might just be to rainy out for most people.
paving and concrete are my big payers, i have put down a little over 2500 gallons this year, i have a bubbler hooked to the tank, its an air system, its what they use at the asphalt plant to mix their liquid asphalt, so i dont have to mix anything.....and it all costs less than a grand.....l.