Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-30-2009, 07:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Benji, SilverFox, et al. Based largely on your positive comments and all the helpful info you provided, I just bought a W5021 push commercial model in very good condition and joined this forum. My question is whether or not there is a blade - such as the gator-type - that would improve mulching action? Thanks in advance. Parker
Old 08-31-2009, 12:41 AM
LawnSite Member

kubota w5021

I need to find out the compression ratio of the motor is. Mine smokes sometimes but it more of a white smoke.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerGray View Post
Benji, SilverFox, et al. Based largely on your positive comments and all the helpful info you provided, I just bought a W5021 push commercial model in very good condition and joined this forum. My question is whether or not there is a blade - such as the gator-type - that would improve mulching action? Thanks in advance. Parker
Where did you get it and how much was it?
Old 08-31-2009, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Member

I bought it here in New Brunswick, Canada, from a mechanic who worked for a lawn mower dealer - it had been traded in. The mower is great - and in virtually new shape - but I wish it was self propelled. I would be willing to buy an old self-propelled to scavenge the parts or possibly sell this one for $325. Parker
Old 08-31-2009, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerGray View Post
I bought it here in New Brunswick, Canada, from a mechanic who worked for a lawn mower dealer - it had been traded in. The mower is great - and in virtually new shape - but I wish it was self propelled. I would be willing to buy an old self-propelled to scavenge the parts or possibly sell this one for $325. Parker
Is it the 19" or 21"? Does it have the bagger? Got any pictures? I might be interested. PM me with any info. How much would you say it weighs?
Old 08-31-2009, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

tha brochure is the worst i have ever seen, that lady is horrible looking. wow! i am a kubota fan and i do remember these at the dealer long ago and wish i had one as good as the other equipment is
Old 06-10-2010, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Member

i just received a Kubota W5019 ( blade clutch, but no self-propel) and its missing the grass catcher bag. Does anyone know the Kubota part number for this?! Parts are extremely hard to find.. thanks.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Kubota walk behind parts

I recently found parts listed for my W5021SC @ searspartsdirect.com. I simply entered the model number and looked through all of the different parts groups.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Just got a W5021-SC. Had been sitting in my grand father-in-law's storage shed, untouched for at least 5 years. He still has the original receipt, sales brochure, and operators manual in pristine condition. He purchased it in April of 1989. Has a brand new carb and new wheels, but still needs a bit of work. I'm taking it to the Kubota dealer this week for some service. Working pretty well, but wants to cut off when I engage the auto-drive.

I can scan the manual or brochure if anyone would like a copy. I also have a bunch more pictures if anyone is interested.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Man, I'd love to get my hands on one of those.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts