Go Back   LawnSite.com™ - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 04-06-2009, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Are pricing and specs out yet for the new Trimstars? If so, can you please post. If not, when can I expect to see it? Are the old Trimstars considered 2008 and the new ones 2009 or are there 2009 models in the older version? I want to make sure when I am discussing with dealers I know what I am being quoted.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by browng View Post
Are pricing and specs out yet for the new Trimstars? If so, can you please post. If not, when can I expect to see it? Are the old Trimstars considered 2008 and the new ones 2009 or are there 2009 models in the older version? I want to make sure when I am discussing with dealers I know what I am being quoted.
Some of the models will be available at the end of this month, all should be available by the end of May.
There are not any 2009 versions of the old style TrimStar, we havent produced any since last year.
Here are the new models and MSRP's

929232 TrimStar Hydro, 15HP Kawi / 36” MSRP $5,399
929240 TrimStar Hydro, 17HP Kawi / 48” MSRP $5,899
929265 TrimStar Hydro, 19HP Kawi / 54” MSRP $6,399
929273 TrimStar Hydro, 23HP Kawi / 54” E.S. MSRP $7,399

I have attached a couple documents, they have all the information in regards to the specs and features.
Hope this helps.

Pj
Old 07-15-2009, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Member

It took a while to come in but I finally got it, the dealer delivered my new Trimstar 54" ES 23hp Monday evening. Prior to getting this mower I had never used a walk-behind so I don't have anything to benchmark it against but I was pleasantly surprised at how effortlessly you can maneuver this mower. I cut my hill and it handled flawlessly, I didn't have any issues with traction or control. I want to say thank you to everyone who chimed in with opinions and suggestions on this thread and others, I now have the right mower for my yard (it is over kill but like the saying goes "why do when you can over due"). Now I just need to figure out which sulky to put on it. Thanks!
Old 07-16-2009, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by browng View Post
It took a while to come in but I finally got it, the dealer delivered my new Trimstar 54" ES 23hp Monday evening. Prior to getting this mower I had never used a walk-behind so I don't have anything to benchmark it against but I was pleasantly surprised at how effortlessly you can maneuver this mower. I cut my hill and it handled flawlessly, I didn't have any issues with traction or control. I want to say thank you to everyone who chimed in with opinions and suggestions on this thread and others, I now have the right mower for my yard (it is over kill but like the saying goes "why do when you can over due"). Now I just need to figure out which sulky to put on it. Thanks!
That is awesome!!
Congrats!!
Post up some pics of your new toy...
Old 07-16-2009, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Shhhhhhhhhh...I don't want my wife to find out it's a "toy", I have her believing it's a necessary tool for maintaining our yard.

I'm heading out on vacation so I will try to get some up in a couple of weeks.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I put a pro one swival sulky (your dealer can get them from PACE or ebay has them also). Works great on my 48" trimstar.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:31 AM
LawnSite Member

I have looked at the swivel type and thought that would be best for a dual hydro unit, however given I have hills to mow I was thinking a two wheeled non swivel type might hold best mowing horizontally on a hill.