Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #51  
Old 07-16-2009, 10:56 PM
ICT Bill ICT Bill is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Howard County MD
Posts: 4,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishboy View Post
Here is a couple more. The third one is Tall Fescue at 2" with a walker mulch deck per customer request.
THAT IS SWEEEEEEEET, nice work Mr. Dish
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-17-2009, 10:57 PM
terrapro's Avatar
terrapro terrapro is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: mid-mich
Posts: 1,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grohorganic View Post
its a 3 stab home depot spade

AKA dig some !!!!!!!!!! maybe see some grubs or worms or ???? but IMO a 1inch core is BS
3 stab home depot spade? What is that?

I own half a dozen $100+ shovels, I know a thing or two about digging holes.
__________________
Terrapro Landscape Service
Landscape maintenance and gardening services
Licensed and insured professional horticulturalist
Snow removal- commercial and residential
www.terraprolandscape.com
Equipment list- A bucket and some pruners.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-18-2009, 12:27 AM
Grohorganic's Avatar
Grohorganic Grohorganic is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Southern Florida
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapro View Post
3 stab home depot spade? What is that?

I own half a dozen $100+ shovels, I know a thing or two about digging holes.

dang that's a lot of cash for a hole sounds like a Craig's list ad.LOLOL

take 3 stabs with the spade in a triangle, or square, or a square with a spare (pentagon) and pull up the plug or what ever comes up, like i said a one inch core is a joke for res lawns, on a GC it may be different but for a good look pry open some dirt
__________________
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-18-2009, 12:57 AM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grohorganic View Post
dang that's a lot of cash for a hole sounds like a Craig's list ad.LOLOL

take 3 stabs with the spade in a triangle, or square, or a square with a spare (pentagon) and pull up the plug or what ever comes up, like i said a one inch core is a joke for res lawns, on a GC it may be different but for a good look pry open some dirt
....... or use a profiler.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-18-2009, 09:43 AM
terrapro's Avatar
terrapro terrapro is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: mid-mich
Posts: 1,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grohorganic View Post
dang that's a lot of cash for a hole sounds like a Craig's list ad.LOLOL

take 3 stabs with the spade in a triangle, or square, or a square with a spare (pentagon) and pull up the plug or what ever comes up, like i said a one inch core is a joke for res lawns, on a GC it may be different but for a good look pry open some dirt
I do alot of transplanting or removal of plants, shrubs, and trees that need to be hand dug. Wooden and fiberglass handles just dont hold up to the force I can and need to put into one to get the job done effeciently. One day I broke 10 wooden or fiberglass handle shovels pulling out 20 6ft spirea around a pool on the inside of the fence. At $10-20 a piece and going through 20 per month I learned really fast to purchase metal lifetime warrantied shovels.
__________________
Terrapro Landscape Service
Landscape maintenance and gardening services
Licensed and insured professional horticulturalist
Snow removal- commercial and residential
www.terraprolandscape.com
Equipment list- A bucket and some pruners.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Prolawnservice Prolawnservice is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: central jersey
Posts: 616
or cup cutter or bulb planter, But it seems that the spade works good enough though, and its more economical than any of the other suggestions, unless you want a really nice hole
__________________
A wise man once told me: Believe nothing that you hear and about half of what you see.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-18-2009, 09:58 AM
Prolawnservice Prolawnservice is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: central jersey
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapro View Post
I do alot of transplanting or removal of plants, shrubs, and trees that need to be hand dug. Wooden and fiberglass handles just dont hold up to the force I can and need to put into one to get the job done effeciently. One day I broke 10 wooden or fiberglass handle shovels pulling out 20 6ft spirea around a pool on the inside of the fence. At $10-20 a piece and going through 20 per month I learned really fast to purchase metal lifetime warrantied shovels.
have you tried the worlds best shovel?
__________________
A wise man once told me: Believe nothing that you hear and about half of what you see.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-18-2009, 10:17 AM
terrapro's Avatar
terrapro terrapro is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: mid-mich
Posts: 1,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolawnservice View Post
have you tried the worlds best shovel?
I do not believe so. The majority of mine are king of spades or knock offs with a few WW manufacturing in there also.

Is it a good shovel? A quick search did not turn up anything.
__________________
Terrapro Landscape Service
Landscape maintenance and gardening services
Licensed and insured professional horticulturalist
Snow removal- commercial and residential
www.terraprolandscape.com
Equipment list- A bucket and some pruners.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-18-2009, 10:35 AM
starry night's Avatar
starry night starry night is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ohio's North Coast
Posts: 2,106
TERRAPRO: Are you talking about transplanting or just removing plants?

For just getting them out, my choice of weapons is a mattock.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-18-2009, 11:17 AM
terrapro's Avatar
terrapro terrapro is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: mid-mich
Posts: 1,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtandhoops View Post
TERRAPRO: Are you talking about transplanting or just removing plants?

For just getting them out, my choice of weapons is a mattock.
Both transplanting and removal or any other digging type operation.

Mattock! That sounds like alot of swinging to me, whew... too much work.

My crew and I over the years have removed stuff by hand that other people said needed a back hoe or bobcat.

Do not get me wrong there are some times when a larger piece of equipment is needed and more cost effective. All tools have their place and work well when applied to their niche.
__________________
Terrapro Landscape Service
Landscape maintenance and gardening services
Licensed and insured professional horticulturalist
Snow removal- commercial and residential
www.terraprolandscape.com
Equipment list- A bucket and some pruners.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:18 PM.

Page generated in 0.10332 seconds with 10 queries