Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-26-2002, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

echo BP blower engine question

I have a 97 or so pb-400e BP blower. It has the epa limited- fixed carb. Well I got tired of the poor exceleration that these carbs make them have. I tried several others some friends of mine had, and they all didn't like to rev.. So I found another older pb-400e with the non fixed carb and swapped them out. It revs better, and seems to have a smidge more power. So my question is, was any thing changed in the engine to make them them epe certified? Like cylinder, ports, muffler, what ever. I figured it running a little richer might stop it up a little quicker, but I don't know.. And is it likely my swap will cause any problems?? Thanks so much, snapper
Old 10-27-2002, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i like a carb i can adjust. these new carbs are set so lean that many engines are just starving for fuel. theres been a lot of changes to to the timing,porting ect. but one main area is the carb. it won't hurt a thing running that older carb. your exhaust port clogging is tied to the mix ratio your using - not the carb. i run Amsoil 100 to 1. you can run what ever you feel comfy with.