Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2009, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I want to preface this by saying I respect you and your operation amlawn I just wonder why your employees don't make enough to buy cars on their own? Wouldn't it be better to pay them a higher wage and make less profit on your end. I may be naive but my guys are buying houses with the money I pay in wages. Maybe I pay too much.

Your company is bigger than mine so I guess maybe I do pay too much. I just think if you want good responsible employees that are proactive with the clients and the job they do you have to provide them a standard of living that will allow them to have a normal life. Which in my mind includes health insurance, a home, yearly vacation. Also an opportunity to be more than the paid help.

Just some food for thought, you seem like a good guy and I believe you are trying to do right by your employees. You might just be able to raise the bar in the industry by paying a little more.

“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.”

Tags
employees , h2b , handbook