Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-31-2009, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Sales Job-MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THE GREEN INDUSTRY

Looking for an experienced salesman to sell residential/commercial lawn accounts, fertilization/pest control programs, and any other side items such as mulching, sod installation, tree trimming, tree installation, etc. The main focus is lawn accounts and fertilization/pest control accounts. The area for sales would be between Sebastian and St. Lucie County. We would provide a company truck, fuel, and cell phone. Also will pay a base commision along with commission. Please don't respond to this add unless you have experience in this industry and can tell the difference between numerous species of bugs and plants. EX: Not looking for a car salesman. As far as income, the sky is the limit, but let me tell you right now, sales are not easy, you have to be very motivated and hungry to go out and push yourself every single day. There will not be anyone looking over your shoulder, you can make your own hours somewhat as long as you are producing. This is not my first rodeo at hiring a salesman, so please dont call and feed me line of you know what, if you don't know what your doing.
You can email me @ JMAN4807@AOL.COM
Old 07-31-2009, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

sounds like an exciting place to work...:-\
www.eagle-irrigation.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 08-01-2009, 03:06 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Are you serious?

May I be as bold to suggest you hit a few business management/employee recruiting seminars. Not only do you not identify yourself, your writing skills are astounding. You demand experience and professionalism but yet you fail miserably in demonstrating those qualities yourself in something simple as a add for employment. Your add does nothing but insult potential assets to your business.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:08 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwingfield2k View Post
sounds like an exciting place to work...:-\
I had to read it twice I almost soiled myself. He sounds like frank rizzo on one of the jerky boys albums
Old 08-01-2009, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Member

No, I am just looking for someone that knows the industry. Not looking for someone that claims they know everything and doesn't know jack. If the right person reads this thread that has experience, thats great. If not- keep your mouth shut. I am sure I could find better things to do with my time rather than go hi-jack someones thread . Believe me, there is a reason I posted the ad like I did. I am looking for someone that knows what they are doing. Hired people in the past that don't have near the experience they claim to have. I have also done sales myself, and I know what it is like out there. There is plenty of money to be made, it just takes the right person to do it. I am very easy to get along with, I just would like to find someone who is motivated to make money.