Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-11-2009, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

More Lettering

I went to see my sign guy last night. I needed some more lettering on the sides for the parade coming up this weekend.

I'll be setting up a booth at the local carnival, and I'll post pics of it. Hopefully they will have an internet connection again this year and I can post pics right away and kill time on Lawn-site during the day.

First pic is my guy removing the badges off the truck. I was getting sick of looking at them and they were mucking up my logo. He just took simple fishing line to get behind the badges and cut the foam, and then we used a liquid remover to eat the foam and adhesive off.

Name:  Trucklogo1.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  479.9 KB

Name:  Trucklogo2.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  505.2 KB

Name:  Trucklogo3.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  545.7 KB

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Update to Designs Starting On Post #64

Talked to the HO.

We are at least going to do the plantings up next to the foundation and also the section of sidewalk in that area. I'll be meeting with her next week, and I'm hoping to do one of the ledges also.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Water feature came out nice... what's up with "badges"? Was that vandalism? Or why stick something on your logo?
Old 08-11-2009, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey4 View Post
Water feature came out nice... what's up with "badges"? Was that vandalism? Or why stick something on your logo?
It was the stock Chevrolet , S-10, and LS logo we took off the truck. The truck was visually messy with my logo and those on there.

A lot of guys work their logos around those badges, I say take them off and you have more room for lettering.

Thanks for the compliment on the water feature. Even though it's small, it came out nice. Eventually I'm going to go get more of that flagstone I used for the feature and make a bench next to it. We looked around at some concrete benches, but we didn't like the look of them.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

whitegardens,

Do you do mowing besides the landscaping. What do you run? Do you know of Martin Bros in Bloomington. That is where I bought my Exmark Turf Tracer. The GM is actually my cousins husband.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdguth View Post
whitegardens,

Do you do mowing besides the landscaping. What do you run? Do you know of Martin Bros in Bloomington. That is where I bought my Exmark Turf Tracer. The GM is actually my cousins husband.
Ha, your going to finally make me fess up to what kind of mower I have.

I use a 38 inch Simplicity Coronet. I only have 4 yards right now, so I have no need to upgrade. If I do, I might go to Simplicity's zero turn just for an upgrade and to make yards go faster.

I never did push the mowing side of the biz, the landscaping and maintenance seemed to be my niche. I will mow though, but I'm letting the lawns come to me, instead of pushing for more lawns.

My dream machine is a 62(?) Dixie Extreme. Only when I have at least 20 mow accounts minimum.

I know Martin's. I didn't realize they were an Ex-Mark dealer. I thought they mostly sold heavy equipment. I see their logo on a lot of Construction and Farm Equipment.

Where are you located at ????

Old 08-11-2009, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You could have seen Martin Equipment on Heavy Construction equipment. They are located in Goodfield. Martin Brothers is in Roanoke, Lexington, Bloomington, and a few other places. The one in Bloomington is mostly just lawn and garden and is on I beleive 51 South (Isn't that Main St) down near the old sale barn.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Forget to tell you your work looks great and that sounds like that mower will do until you get more.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

nice work
61'' Scag V-Ride 29 HP Kawi
48" Exmark Lazer Z HP
48'' Bobcat Ransome Mower
21'' Husqvarna Mower
Stihl FS55R Weedwacker
Stihl FS100RX Weedwacker
Stihl BR600 Backpack Blower
Stihl MS180C Chainsaw
Giant Vac Walk Behind Blower
Kawasaki KHT600S Hedge Trimmer
Giant Vac 16HP Leaf Loader
Old 08-12-2009, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdguth View Post
You could have seen Martin Equipment on Heavy Construction equipment. They are located in Goodfield. Martin Brothers is in Roanoke, Lexington, Bloomington, and a few other places. The one in Bloomington is mostly just lawn and garden and is on I beleive 51 South (Isn't that Main St) down near the old sale barn.
Ya, they have the JD dealer and small equipment shop out there on south main. I forgot that I went in there one time to check out the telescoping JD hedge trimmers. (Ya pretty sure it's 51, I get confused out that direction).

I go to Goodfield quite often. I get most of my block and pavers at Trinity Stone.