Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-16-2009, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.3mudder View Post
My only concern is stuff that sticks to the tire and being thrown at the brake like constantly like grass, mud, stuff like that. I don't think it would be an issue. Even things getting rapped around the wheel where the caliper and disk are.
Where the heck are you mowing? Brakes work fine on my 4 wheeler in the mud in the creek and in tall grass. 25 years ago we did not have seat belts in cars. Pleople used to say just drive careful. To the person that wants brakes on back of mower there is no need for that. Just put them on the front and it will stop just fine.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:07 AM
LawnSite Member

price on front brakes

I purchased all of these parts after market including a hand grip master cylinder for a four wheeler for less than 200.00 dollars plus some machine work. when a manufacturer installs TEDBRAKES on a unit I would think their cost would be a lot less when done in production, TED new spindles are not required their is only a .075" hole in the center of the spindle
Old 08-16-2009, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

when will we see the "new" video of the updated system?

If I had the use of a machine shop, I'd make a set myself. Will you be selling them in kit form for specific mowers? I don't care WHAT others say, I want a kit for my Scag. How soon will this happen Ted? Is this your intent or do you plan on selling the patent for the system? If you sell out to the manufacturers, you'll be dissing everyone on here that supposes your effort. I hope you don't plan it that way, I really truly want to see this happen. If you sell out, we would ALL have to buy a new mower just to get them. Please don't let this happen.

Last edited by ALC-GregH; 08-16-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjslawn View Post
Where the heck are you mowing? Brakes work fine on my 4 wheeler in the mud in the creek and in tall grass. 25 years ago we did not have seat belts in cars. Pleople used to say just drive careful. To the person that wants brakes on back of mower there is no need for that. Just put them on the front and it will stop just fine.
There is a big difference in driving thru tall grass and driving thru cut grass. Tall grass doesn't get flung everywhere.. Wet cut grass sticks to the wheels. Happens all the time in the south where a dry day is one where the humidity isn't 100%.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

the idea is noble.... however wet grass , or even on regular grass plus any tipe of hill, the tires will still slip no matter if there is a braking system or not.... especially on a smooth front tires, there will be no friction= no stopping .

CJ's Lawn Service LLC
Christopher Jodoin Owner
www.cjslawn.com
ICPI CERTIFIED PAVER INSTALLER
Lawncare-Landscaping-Snow Removal
Est.2002 Licensed and Insured
Old 08-16-2009, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Member

the brakes with some type of tread for the front would be ideal to slap on for hills. but would tear up reg flat yards with turning. maybe a wheel and brake combo could be a accessory to keep in the trailer for hilly stuff.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hi ted, ok less than 200 in parts. so say 180.00 you spent in parts, now how much do you think it costs to make a striping kit?? maybe 50.00 or 60.00 in parts total and they sell for 300 to 400. really unless your making them and not going to make one penny on them you can sell for 200.00 but you seem to be working on this stuff for a longgg time not to make money off if it would not be a good idea. so in reality what ted brakes gonna cost??
Old 08-16-2009, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

[quote=milo;3144680]hi ted, ok less than 200 in parts. So say 180.00 you spent in parts, now how much do you think it costs to make a striping kit?? Maybe 50.00 or 60.00 in parts total and they sell for 300 to 400. Really unless your making them and not going to make one penny on them you can sell for 200.00 but you seem to be working on this stuff for a longgg time not to make money off if it would not be a good idea. So in reality what ted brakes gonna cost??[/quo
Old 08-16-2009, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have to agree with the previous posts, that the brakes are probably gonna add about 6-800 to the price tag of z's. I could be wrong, I hope that I am!
Old 08-16-2009, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If it saves a persons life, what does the price have to do with it?

Tags
mower safety , zero turn mower brakes , ztr mower brakes