Register free!

Old 08-18-2009, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I would still uplight that home. Use some risers to get just above the plant material. I would also downlight from the eaves, but use a recessed MR16 can light. It looks much cleaner than putting a bullet light up hanging from an eave. I would maybe even consider using some Junior linears from iLight to back light the ornate decor on the roof lines. You can do a lot of things with this structure, it all comes down to budget though.....as always.

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 08-18-2009, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Scapes View Post
This house reminds me of a home that used to be on the unique catalog cover. The guy used stellars if I am not mistaken to shoot some light up under thoes soffits. Coppermoon has a similar fixture now called the 895. Im sure Joey has a picture. It had some ornate woodwork like this too if I recall right.

I would think downlighting would be in your future on alot of this. Downlight from the peaks with a probe OSM and a stellar or 895 under the eaves shining upwards ?? Get some light in where you can between the bushes and maybe do some pruning. Also I see gutters above the front porch ? Another idea there. You can barley see that sign. Consider relandscaping that area to make the sign stand out. After all it is a place of business and it should be easy to identify.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

bigger photo

Old 08-18-2009, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

yup thats the one i was thinking of. The ornamental trim looks nice. Wasnt it ryan Hughes at twighlight that did it ?
Old 08-18-2009, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

yes it was...Ryan Hughes, Twilights by Design in Illinois!
Old 08-18-2009, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys thanks!! I was originally thinking of mounting two bullets right to the brick work on the lower left and right side shooting up on an angle. Then taking another bullet on the eave of the porch to highlight that window. I like the idea of some risers to have something to conceal the wire for the bullets. I love the dramatic look of a bullet on a house rather than an area/flood light.
Once seeing the picture from Joey, its going to be a hard decision as that really looks nice highlighting the wood work.
I am going to set a demo up next week so I will post some pics for everybody to take a look at. Once again thanks for all your suggestions.

Ken