Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
View Poll Results: Which Lawn Care Software Do You Use?
Gopher 22 32.35%
Grounds Keeper Pro 15 22.06%
Other, if so please say which. 31 45.59%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2009, 12:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone that says that Qxpress is not specialized for the lawn care business didn't know that it was first made for the lawncare industry. They learned that the routing and scheduling in other service business work very similiar. That is why Clip and Realgreen are available to many other service businesses as well. Gopher and Groundkeeper are just smaller companies that have not yet adopted the program to other industries.

We looked at Gopher, Groundskeeper Pro, Realgreen, CLIP, Lawn Pro some were cheaper but Qxpress could do almost everything that Realgreen does for much less. The cheaper programs like LawnPro, Gopher and Groundkeeper lack a lot of features. To us it really came down to Qxpress, CLIP and Realgreen. The monthy fees with CLIP and Realgreen was really the biggest reason not to go with them. It ran into the thousands. Qxpress Platinum w/mapping was a little less then $2000. No monthly fees to pay. Its intergration with Quickbooks in quite amazing and it does it with me doing nothing. You have to like that.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Member

We use Gopher (Pro Version), for scheduling, routing, etc, and it syncronizes with Quickbook's for all of our accounting and payroll. Gopher is easy to use, prepares good invoices, and works well with Quickbooks.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Member

If you had to choose between Quicken or QuickBooks Pro, which one would you use?

I have QuickBooks Simple Start Free Edition, and Iím trying to learn it. However, Iím having problems figuring out how to classify the expenses, and assign the correct Tax Line to the expense. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

I bought QuickBooks Pro at Office Depot this past weekend for only $99.99, but I havenít opened it yet.

http://gatorlawncare.intuitwebsites.com/index.html
gatorlawncare@eatel.net

2001 1500 Chevy Silverado ex-cab
2008 Hustler Z 60" (my new baby)
2008 Hart Trailer 6.5'x14'
2008 Echo SRM-210 Trimmer
2008 Troy-Bilt
- 21" Self-propelled Mower
- 4-cycle Blower
- Edger
(do not recommend Troy-Bilt Blower or Edger)
2005 Troy-Bilt 50" ZTR
Gator Trailer 5'x10' (older)
Old 04-02-2009, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATOR LAWN CARE View Post
If you had to choose between Quicken or QuickBooks Pro, which one would you use?

I have QuickBooks Simple Start Free Edition, and Iím trying to learn it. However, Iím having problems figuring out how to classify the expenses, and assign the correct Tax Line to the expense. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

I bought QuickBooks Pro at Office Depot this past weekend for only $99.99, but I havenít opened it yet.
Quicken is just household budgeting software. Don't use it for your business. Go ahead and use Quickbooks Pro 2009. Yes it will take some time to get it all set up but once its done its done. It will really help you track expenses and revenue during to course of the business year. At the end of the month it really saves a lot of time with invoices.

Quicken is good software but not for business.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Member

other

I have lawn pro for a almost a year not really happy with it. it works I would give it a grade C- in use.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm currently using the Plus version of Gopher. Its ok but there are some things that I think are kinda qurky about it.
2011 8x16 Pace Summit trailer
2010 Exmark TTHP 17/48
04 Exmark Viking 32"
96 Exmark Metro 36"
Echo, Redmax, and Shindaiwa handhelds. Husky chain saws.
2010 F-350 4x4 6.4 PSD w/ 8' Western plow.
1997 F-250 4x4 7.3 PSD
2004 Bobcat 61" 25hp ZTR for sale. 1100 hours, Under 10 hours on a TOTAL DECK REBUILD! PM for details
Old 08-18-2009, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Member

I use Excel. I made a spread sheet to have everything that I need and take care of the dates and times. As long as you know how to make forulas, you can make this do anything that you want. I even have graphs that show me dollars in/out and profit.
Tracy
Old 08-18-2009, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Member

I have been using groundskeeper pro for the last few years it does leave a lot to be desired a bigge with us is being able to see a AR aging report. The export feature for map point is useless because it saves to a file not supported be Delarme or mappoint.
Also the credit card option requires you to sign a contract with thier merchant with charges out there. we are thinking of going with the gopher pro with bar code scanner has anyone used it and is it worth it i heard their pda"s were comparable to q xpress
Old 08-18-2009, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was using lawn pro, but I did not like the scheduling feature, never could get the scheduling to work right. Trying gopher on trial basis, scheduling is a lot easier, invoices are nice. Might try groundskeeper pro next if it's offered on a free trial basis.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We use Lawn Pro.

2005 F-350 powerstroke utility
1999 F-350 V10 4x4 pickup
1993 F-350 4x4 Dump
2 16' Trailers
2014 Gravely pro turn 460
2013 Gravely Pro turn 460
2009 Ferris is500
2005 Kubota L3130 4x4 tractor
A few 21s