Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2002, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Cutting contracts

Finally came to my senses about lawn maint. contracts. I have sent packets of do's and donts to customers but never needed a signature...until next year. Im going over the statements and want a little feedback on a few.
For example, Im charging $5 extra for every perfomed cut that has toys, hoses etc. laying around that we have to move.

A $5 late fee for invoices not received by the 15th of the following month. $10 past the last of the month and service halts past 30 days.

Passing lawn cuts during droughts with portions of lawn still growing will be 25% on top of orig. estimate.

Keep the pets and little kids off the lawn and in a "safe area" until were done. If not, were billing you for the full amount of the cut and leaving. This one is for the out of control kids.

The contract runs from March to Dec. If they fail to meet that, then an early termination fee of $50 will apply.

Most of my customers are long time ones. Those who leave do so by late april or so. Any feedback, changes or additions are welcome. Thanks all.