Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-25-2009, 02:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Little Wonder

I have a Chance e to buy a 8hp little wonder walk-behind blower for $200. This blower is refurbished what do you think I should do. The blower runs great but I don't know if I should but this or buy a new backpack blower at regular price. (I already have a crappy backpack blower.) Let me know what you would do Plus I'm not sure how many leaf clean-ups I will be doing this yea.
Thanks Jeff
Old 08-25-2009, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would grab it - if it works OK... Even if there isn't many cleanups this year, it is a good investment, for sure.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

walk blowers

If ya get one get a big Fradan model I had a few little wonders an they are great blowers but the 5 an 8 hp models an lite weight an alot to manuver for the power . I replaced my small walk blowers with big backpacks EBZ8000's .They do everything I need to do an quickly without trying to push a heavy blower around a yard. I have been doing serious leaf work for 15 plus years . Dont take this the wrong way yes walk blowers are great for the rite application, I prefer the fradan 16hp they have the power to move large volumes .
Old 09-23-2009, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffslawnservice View Post
I have a Chance e to buy a 8hp little wonder walk-behind blower for $200. This blower is refurbished what do you think I should do. The blower runs great but I don't know if I should but this or buy a new backpack blower at regular price. (I already have a crappy backpack blower.) Let me know what you would do Plus I'm not sure how many leaf clean-ups I will be doing this yea.
Thanks Jeff
If you decide to purchase a backpack blower or just not to purchase this walk behind blower I would be interested in looking at it, thanks!
Old 09-23-2009, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Regardless of how many leaf clean ups you do this year it would be a great investment for years to come. A deal like that doesn't happen often enough to let it slip away. A walk behind blower is not only good for leaf clean ups but it is also great for blowing parking lots. I will be purchasing one for parking lots next year. I am wanting the 13hp Little wonder. If you decide to get a backpack blower i think the Shindy 802 is awesome. I have the stihl BR600 and love it but the 802 blows it away it away in every way except comfort.

"Making Thomasville and surrounding areas more beautiful one yard at a time!"
Old 09-23-2009, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

If your backpack is that crappy, you may be better off just to get a new one of those, first. Let's face it, you get ALOT of work out of them or doing beds, trimwork of cleanup, and such. For moving larger amounts of leaves, a mower works great for this...sometimes better than a wb blower. It's a judgment call on your part.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i owuld get it if i were you. i walk behind blower can really move a lot of leaves
61'' Scag V-Ride 29 HP Kawi
48" Exmark Lazer Z HP
48'' Bobcat Ransome Mower
21'' Husqvarna Mower
Stihl FS55R Weedwacker
Stihl FS100RX Weedwacker
Stihl BR600 Backpack Blower
Stihl MS180C Chainsaw
Giant Vac Walk Behind Blower
Kawasaki KHT600S Hedge Trimmer
Giant Vac 16HP Leaf Loader
Old 09-24-2009, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yea I was all set to go try it out and if it was good buy it but before I came into the guys shop another landscaper was picking up some trimmers of his and saw it for sale and bought it a day before I was going to go get it. But if I ever see another one that is in good condition I am definitely going to get it.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry man I couldn't pass it up! Maybe next time!

..Just kidding.