Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-20-2002, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by HBFOXJr
Guys, Your thoughts and contributions are appreciated. However we are talking 1,000 accounts. Getting 5,000 names one at a time is not the method. There are places where names and addresses can be submitted and neighbors returned, but I just don't know where.

Since we are already in these neighborhoods, the folks are somewhat pre-qualified as our type of client. They may also know people we are already servicing. I can send 5K new pieces first class myself, cheaper than bulk mailing the huge qty required to cover everyone in the areas we work and the areas we don't.
Mr Fox

I have used www.quantummail.com. They have a feature to select properties adjoining an address. They might have a minimum of 20 pieces, but you put in the address and it will return a list of adjoining properties up to the quantity you specify.

I am not sure if they sell the mailing lists. What I used them for was to print and mail an aeration post card.

This might be worth a try for you. The cost of the printing and mailing of the post card was about .50 each.

If you have questions, they are very helpful on the phone.

The phone # is on their web site.
Old 11-20-2002, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Guys, Your thoughts and contributions are appreciated. However we are talking 1,000 accounts. Getting 5,000 names one at a time is not the method. There are places where names and addresses can be submitted and neighbors returned, but I just don't know where.
HB that's where we used our contact management software to eliminate duplicates etc... We bought 10,000 names for under 250. It took only minutes with the program to weed out existing customers and narrow down by street.

I mentioned this in my earlier post. It does work and we have done it.