Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-25-2009, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Tech-Terra Fertilizers

Have any of you tried fertilizer from this company? What kind of results did you see? Did you apply the same amount of nitrogen as you normally would have? Price?
Old 09-28-2009, 12:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm surprised nobody has answered here yet.

There are a few posts that mention the 16-2-3 screamin green. We use it year round. Results are good/great. It is the best of both worlds so to speak. There is the urea for a quick green that the customer looks for and SCU along with bio solid and poultry manure for a longer controlled release. There is anther N source but I cant remember off the top of my head.

Because we take trailer load we are able to get dimension put on the 16-2-3 as well.

We have lawns that because of the scheduling did not get back to for 10 weeks over the summer and they were still green.

We generally put out 1/2 to 3/4 lb of N per k. But according to Virginia Tech(I dont have the link in front of me) the 16-2-3 is equivelant to the 28-5-12 from lesco as far as results. We put down less N with this product than we do with the SCU or even MESA products and are seeing the same results. We cut our N input by 25% to 50% depending on the round and how long the lawn has been on the program.

We have seen less fungus on these lawns as well. That is just personal opinion but we fought dollar spot and red thread all year and just did not see as much on the 16-2-3 lawns.

As far as pricing just check out the website. I believe it is all there. Your prices may vary with shipping.

Let me know if you have any other questions that I can help you with.

Bryan

www.CTPreservation.com

www.ChristmasDecorNY.com

"What do you mean we canít get rid of those weeds in time? Then go over there and put some fancy signs with Latin names in front of them."
Walt Disney
Old 09-28-2009, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

We have been teaming with Tech Terra for over 2 years, great company, class act
If you are buying in any quantity the pricing is almost ridiculously inexpensive, nice results too
Old 09-30-2009, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Can't say I have tried their stuff, but using my own mixes of various N with OM, I am very pleased with the bridge products like screemin green.

The company rep/owner? Barry is reputable.