Views: 408
Size:  126.5 KB

Name:  run9.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  100.4 KB

Name:  run10.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  104.1 KB

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

And the last three.

Backside of the barn

Name:  run11.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  100.0 KB

Hey, anybody need a boom truck it's for sale.....

Name:  run12.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  120.8 KB

He's replacing it with this man-lift so he can work on the barn

Name:  run 13.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  90.5 KB

Old 10-02-2009, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nice property there!

And I'd like to run the Vermeer, seems like everyone loves it! What are the controls like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 10-02-2009, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
Nice property there!

And I'd like to run the Vermeer, seems like everyone loves it! What are the controls like?
Other than the fact the property needs cleaned up some, ya it's an awesome place. I love working there as it reminds me of the farm I grew up on.

Love the controls for the Vermeer. Two joysticks similar to a normal skid steer. I compare the feel to a Takaguchi skid.

It was the easiest one to operate out of the four I tested, including a Vermeer with a gas motor.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
Other than the fact the property needs cleaned up some, ya it's an awesome place. I love working there as it reminds me of the farm I grew up on.

Love the controls for the Vermeer. Two joysticks similar to a normal skid steer. I compare the feel to a Takaguchi skid.

It was the easiest one to operate out of the four I tested, including a Vermeer with a gas motor.
I was going to say it reminds me of my great grandpas place, needs cleaned up and has old equipment all over.

And I asked because I am really comfortable and can grade like no other with the controls on the Boxer walkbehinds(even better than my Dad who has been operating since he was 13) I've never been real comfortable about not being able to control each track. But I'll have to find some work for one and see if I can get a demo or rental on Vermeer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 10-02-2009, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
I was going to say it reminds me of my great grandpas place, needs cleaned up and has old equipment all over.

And I asked because I am really comfortable and can grade like no other with the controls on the Boxer walkbehinds(even better than my Dad who has been operating since he was 13) I've never been real comfortable about not being able to control each track. But I'll have to find some work for one and see if I can get a demo or rental on Vermeer..
Oh, it makes the boxer and bobcat (similar individual levers for the tracks) look like childs play.

I knew for what I was doing I wanted to find the machine that was going to work the smoothest ,and that was the Vermeer. Also the dump height is one of the highest or the highest for a mini.

I still want to try a Ditch Witch though, some guys say it's better than the Vermeer, but I wouldn't think by much.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Problems With The Mini.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=291863

I posted my questions about the issues I'm now having with the machine in the heavy equipment forum.

It sucks because we are going to have a dry day today and it's supposed to start raining again tonight.

The only good thing I see is not much a chance for rain for the next 10 days after that, so hopefully I can move right along.

I'll post tonight on the situation.

Later........

Old 10-07-2009, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Day 6

So, after all the rain, and the break-down with the machine, I was up and running today. On Monday, when the weather was nice, I was able to piddle around and pull all the hostas that were in the existing bed around the house.

Today, after it rained most of yesterday, I was able to get in and finish removing the side walk and got about 30% of the dirt dug out for the base. I would have liked to been a little farther along, but, for the day I was pretty happy.

For someone who doesn't consider himself an operator, I think I'm doing pretty good with the machine. I do have some skills that I learned from growing up on a farm though, so it's almost second nature for me.

I was in such a tizzy to get a good chunk of work done today, so I didn't take any pics. It's supposed to rain again tomorrow, so I think I'll go out there and take some pics.

Even with all the rain, the air is cooler and dryer. On top of that, the black soil I'm working with is about the most Virgin Midwestern topsoil you could ever imagine, so luckily I've only needed 12 hours or so before I can work in it again without mucking up the place.

Pics tomorrow.

Oh, by the way, I used the machine to dig 3 graves for someone, If you really want to know the story you can P.M. me. It wasn't for anything sinister, just not sure I can post it on-line or not.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

%$#@%$ Rain !

Nothing doing.

It has rained the last 2 days. I've slowly pushed my mowing accounts from Mon to Saturday, so at least tomorrow I can let the job-site dry out some before working on the grade on Sunday.

I hate working Sundays, but I've had the last two days off, and it's the end of the season. Hopefully the weather men are right and I won't see any rain until next Thursday. I'm hoping by then I'll have the base laid, compacted and started on the pavers. The shipment came in and they are sitting in my supplier's yard and paid for. I told them to wait on delivery until I'm closer to laying the pavers. I don't want them sitting on the job-site too long and in the way.

If the rain stops long enough, I might go out there to take a look at how muddy it is. Luckily the rain has been a soaker, so I shouldn't have any wash-outs. I took my rain gauge down for the year, but I'm thinking we've had at least an inch if not 1.5 inches.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Picture is worth a thousand words.

I went to inspect the property today. I was hoping to be able to work on it tomorrow.

I doubt it.

Name:  mud1.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  171.8 KB

Name:  mud2.jpg
Size:  172.5 KB

Name:  mud3.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  160.4 KB

Name:  Mud4.jpg
Size:  159.9 KB

Name:  mud5.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  146.1 KB