Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-04-2009, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffscap View Post
I see you guys arguing over belts and size , Spend the money on a walker mower and you will never look back on residential lawns. I see guys with 60" Lazers on 10min lawns thats not landscaping thats running for the barn.
why is your font so big?
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Old 10-04-2009, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
And no where does it make mention of manufacturing. It says assembly. Do you know why it doesn't say manufacturing?
I'll give them a call this week to see what is actually made here. I believe they will say the deck and the frame, then that is assembled with the engine, hydro's, wheels, etc.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Member

well here is my 2 cents

i weigh just 170 and have a scag 36 belt drive with a 2 wheel velke. it does great in all but the worst of hills in 5th gear. then you have a bit of belt slippage. this is easily fixed by jumping off the sulky and walking until it takes off and then jump back on the sulky. so you may have a little more belt slippage than i get but it is not really that bad. good luck. vince
Old 10-04-2009, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Member

oh and by the way i have been lurking here a while and decided to join. lots of good info around here. vince
Old 10-04-2009, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffscap View Post
I see you guys arguing over belts and size , Spend the money on a walker mower and you will never look back on residential lawns. I see guys with 60" Lazers on 10min lawns thats not landscaping thats running for the barn.

I see that a lot too.

A neighbor down the street has a 1/2 acre corner lot that a 3 man lawn crew does. One looks like the owner on a 60" Kubota ZTR. He does the left side and back with the ZTR and his one worker uses a 48" WB on the front and right side area which is about 50% bigger. The other guy does all the trimming. His two workers are ALWAYS done before him and packing up while he's still cutting with the Kubota ZTR.

But when you watch them both cut one can easily see why. With a mid-mount deck on the ZTR he has to drive around a tree to get all sides and can't get under shrubs and bushes. Also he needs a lot more room to spin the 60" ZTR around vs the 48" WB so he needs more space from a obstacle.

A ZTR is NOT the best choice for every yard but many blockhead LCO's erroneously think so.

Tags
toro wb , velke