Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-23-2009, 12:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

580-D deck help

At work we have a 580-D mower I've notice a few problems over the past season of the to me seems that a strip of grass is left uncut between the right wing and main deck, it only really happens when the wing sits up or down a slight slope while the machine and front deck sit flat. The other side is fine. Any help about this?

Second one. A fellow employee found a sewer cap that stuck up a few inches with the with one side of the front deck (looks like it folds up) and folded it under. I tried to straighten it out with a chain and the truck and got it sort of back inline. It don't line up perfectly like the owner would like but trying to contiune to pull with the truck and chain just ends up draging the mower around the parking lot. Can you use heat on the deck or is that a no no?

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics
Old 10-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Sponsor

Swampy;
I assume you are refering to the front main deck and the small wing that are attached to the main front deck. If there is an uncut strip of grass, then either the front deck outside spindle, wing deck inner spindle or components that allow it to pivot. Please check the standard stuff that applies to the individual components such as belt tension, etc. Check for worn components that could cause additional seperation of the front and side deck if the wing is placed on a slight grade. Refer to the Service manulals for the machine. I am sorry that I cannot be of more help, but without really seeing the problem it makes it hard to give specific advise. I suggest you contact you local Distributor to assist if you need.
Regarding heating of the deck, it is not hardened material so heating it will not change that. It will make it more suseptible to damage in the future so it really is up to you how you choose to pull the dent out.

Eric Baumeister
The Toro Company
Old 10-06-2009, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Member

I can't help you on the front deck. On the gap between the center and wing deck on inclines we have had that problem as well. You can adjust how much gap you have by loosing the nut on the arm with the spring and spinning the spring assembly until the deck is where you want it. There is a happy medium however, because if you get it too close the deck caster will rub the drive tire on turns. You may also have to loosen the 4 bolts where the lift arm bolts on to the deck and adjust to straighten the wing deck or it will track sideways.

Hope that makes sense and helps.