Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-07-2009, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We broke our record today

One T3000 broke our previous production record today (nearly $3000 in one day). I realize that it may not be a big thing in certain markets, but here....that's alot of money for one guy, and I've never seen this before until now.

One pickup truck w/carrier rack, one ride-on, one person (spread & spray).

Thanks TURFCO.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
One T3000 broke our previous production record today (nearly $3000 in one day). I realize that it may not be a big thing in certain markets, but here....that's alot of money for one guy, and I've never seen this before until now.

One pickup truck w/carrier rack, one ride-on, one person (spread & spray).

Thanks TURFCO.
Hell Larry, that's a lot of dough in any market!

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 10-08-2009, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Way to kick some tail Larry! CPS is awesome, thanks for the referral.
2004 Perma Green Ultra
2 Spyker 288 Supers
6 Shurflo electric backpacks
2 Husqvarna 356 low noise blowers
Ryan Mataway Overseeder
Plugr PL410H
Old 10-12-2009, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

1700 K in 8 1/2 hours = confirmed

Thanks guys -- 2 properties treated: 1) 880,000 SQUARE FEET + 2 ) 800,000 SQUARE FEET. (Total square footage = about 1700 K).

Just got these details from the applicator today. It took over 8 1/2 hours instead of the 6 1/2 I posted previously....(sorry, at least I try to be up front).

One guy, one pickup truck ---PERIOD. Didn't have to pull a trailer either......just a guy & his pickup truck. (with a little help from his ride-on sprayer/spreader).

Since this site seems to be a Z-Spray site, I won't disclose which machine accomplished this. Sad deal.........(in many respects)
Old 11-04-2009, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Good question bud - We easily converted one of our T3000's this spring to accommodate 32 gallons. It's a sweet set-up, and the extra tank can be taken off in two minutes if need be.

This weekend, I'll re-plumb both out T's with "quick-disconnect fittings" to make it even faster to convert as well as faster fill time. (Working with TURFCO on that).

I cannot say enough about our T3000's cuz we run 'em everyday with no breakdowns. I figure we have had "2 days of total downtime" all year long. That ain't bad, and the T's make us huge profits.

I'll post pics soon once TURFCO sees them first and gives me the go ahead.

Both our T's have just under & just over 500 hours on 'em. But I know guys who have over 900 hours on 'em. Not bad for a product that has less than two years production.

The 2010 model will have modifications/improvements that will make most folks very happy for sure. Plus specific options that customers ask for.

Very proud A-Team member of TURFCO's T3000.

I am extremely interested in finding out the true working efficiency of these machines compared to the other options. I am a relatively small company with only about 35 fert accounts all residential and most between 5000-15000 with only a couple greater than 20,000 (one that is 40,000). Is spending $9000 worth it for a lot of smaller properties?

My current setup is push spreader and backpack spot spray. I am thinking the fert/spray capabilities will increase my efficiency greatly, but how many accounts will I need to justify the $9000. I am already on the higher end of the fert pricing compared to most people out there.

Been thinking this all through thoroughly for the last 18 months probably. I would like to be able to get some of the larger properties but because of my current setup people who hire us for landscape services usually end up saying I am too high for the fert, so I am thinking this would get me way more of the larger properties, but I need to know how to price it beforehand.

We do landscape design, plants sales and delivery, full season landscape maintenance, mulch applications, edging installation, landscape bed installation, one time landscape renovations, spring and fall cleanups, and lawn maintenance division including mowing, fertility/weed control programs, and agronomics services.

Mike and Loriena Harrington

http://www.beautifulbloomslandscape.com
Old 11-04-2009, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

IMO if you have properties with landscaping, hills, slopes, etc, the best bet would be either a PG or a T3000, but the T3000 handles slopes & curves much better than any other (we have climbed slopes as high as 45 degrees without tearing up turf), yet it will not need constant maintenance like the PG's do. The T3000 also has the same capability of spreading/spraying as Z-Sprays, yet the T is much more maneuverable, does not tear up turf like ZTR's, and does not "burn turf while turning" (compared to ZTR units). Plus - the T3000 can easily be transported on a carrier rack (which we like, cuz NONE of my guys want to have to "pull a trailer").

We've racked up several hundreds of hours during the past two years on our two T3000's. Total down time this year = about two days..... mainly for installing '09/'10 upgrades that TURFCO provided us (for free) on our '08 models for us to try out. Both our T's still run like new everyday.

I know it's alot of money, but the T3000 will quickly pay for itself, and it will last for years. Z-Guys sometimes say the T's 'rust out' cuz they are not totally stainless steel. But guess what -- NEITHER of our T's have any corrosion -- "on any part whatsoever". (I figure them boys think the T is a "threat"). I agree, cuz them boys have not used T's like as long as we have, and their word is meaningless, cuz they certainly do not know what they're talking about.

We also like the fact that we can spot spray with one hand while riding in cruise control, as it "does NOT take 'two hands' to steer" (compared to "ZTR" units). "Deflector shield on the fly" (thanks TURFCO) also reduces "blowing off granules". Sorry Z-Spray guys, cuz your deflector shield sucks. We're also talking ease of use & reducing operator fatigue. Plus running record profit this year.

We tried them all --- listened to my employees's concerns. so...... we just bought another T3000 today.

Thanks TURFCO and turfcobob for your relentless support.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am 1 hour north of you. Unless you are serious about growing the fert business I don't think a ride on is for you. I think you need at least a 100 accounts to make one worthwhile. I started with a spreader on the back of a lawn tractor and pulled a boom sprayer around. I can do 1 acre of property now with a few obstacles in about 15 to 20 minutes. That is liquid weed control and granular fertilizer. I charge about $150.00 per acre and my minimum charge is $40.00. I hope this helps.

I love my country, but mistrust my government, and the government doesn't create jobs, it just takes my money and gives it to other people or groups it thinks it can bribe.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

HI
Old 11-15-2009, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

the proof's in the pudding

Here's a pic of our latest (2010) T3000. We added the boom & aux tank that we used this past season. I't's the setup that folks said we were full of BS.

TE=growingdeeprootsorganicly;3278049]HI[/QUOTE]
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2009, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Now i like that