Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-01-2000, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Anyone using one of these machines?I checked the search engine but could not find any information.I am fixing to update my out dated mower.The pro cut will be one of my choices,the dealer is only ten miles from my house.I understand Simplicity has bought ferris is that a plus or minus?
Old 08-01-2000, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Itrtied one,it is very smooth and stable,but I didnt think the cut was as good as my Dixie and the deck couldnt disharge as well either.Id love to have one with a better deck.<p>----------<br>John D<br>
Old 08-02-2000, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Tony58,<p>There are a great ride and give a nice cut. I see Brickman running a couple of them on one of their crews. <p>Remember, one person likes Skag and someone else Toro or Exmark or Dixie Choppers and on and on. If you have a good dealer locally and you like the mower don't hesitate. They have the longest warranty I believe of any manufacture. As far as Simplicity buying them out there are probably all kinds of ways to veiw that, I think they will grow and will strengthen there market share. Good luck!
Old 08-02-2000, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Member

The Ferris ISZ is a great machine, and the simplicity deal was about $$$. They have increased their production a ton to meet the high demand for the Ferris ProCut Z With IS Independent Suspension.
Old 08-02-2000, 01:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hey guys and gals, what do YOU think of this, Since Ferris has been a leader in the industry (in ways for quite some time, (for instance, they had the first hydrostatic walk behind just to name one innovation) Do you think the chances are pretty probable that we'll be seeing independent suspension on alot of other mowers in the future? I'm willing to bet it'll happen. I think it'll be the wave of the future of ZTR's.
Old 08-02-2000, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Member

I believe Ferris has IS Independent Suspension patented!