Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Magna-Matic
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Magna-Matic Lawn Mower Blade Balancers, Sharpeners, and more

Old 10-19-2009, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My experience with Magna-Matic

I recently decided it was finally time to buy a blade sharpener. I contacted Magna-Matic and spoke to Gerd. He was very helpful and answered all of my questions and assured me that if I had any other questions to feel free to call them.

I received the sharpener and balancer days after my order and when I started setting everything up noticed something was wrong. I called them right up and after I explained what was wrong it was figured out that there was a minor problem with shipping and a small piece popped out of place causing the motor from moving up and down. After Gerd and Eric spent a half an hour on the phone with me while I tried to fix the problem, everything was working very well. (It took a half an hour because I am not the most mechanically inclined.)

My only one suggestion to Magna-Matic is to possibly rethink the 8000/9000 naming. I thought I purchased the lower model which you guys have named the 9000 (I would have thought the lower model would be the 8000), instead you sent me what I actually ordered and this was my error but I think this is slightly confusing.

I have since sharpened blades with the sharpener and it works great! I just ordered the stand tonight because I have very limited wall space in my small garage and the one stud that I mounted the balancer is not even straight so I am not getting an accurate reading. Overall I am very pleased with my purchase and would highly recommend Magna Matic! Thanks for the great product!
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 10-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Sponsor

Hello All,

Thank you DLAWNS for the review.

I do apologize for the shipping damage, we package the units like tanks, but UPS sometimes still is able to knock things loose.

In regard to the part numbering - yes, we're aware that the MAG-8000 and MAG-9000 part numbers can be confusing, but the series have been used for so many years and base part numbers are tied to the 8000 or 9000 extension it would be a more confusing mess for old customers when they need parts.

We deliberately colored the two units RED and YELLOW to create differentiation, so feel free to just use the colors to signify them rather than the numbers.

Thank you,

Magna-Matic Corporation
Waldo WI USA
800-328-1110 (toll free USA & Canda)
920-564-2366 (PHONE)
gbauer2@magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic-direct.com
www.youtube.com/magnamaticcorp
Old 10-20-2009, 01:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Its not even an issue at this point. I am beyond happy with the sharpener and balancer as well as your customer service. I just figured I would put it out there.

I just ordered my stand from you guys last night. Any idea roughly when I'll see it? I can't wait to get it and set up my blade sharpening system right!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-20-2009, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I freaking love my 8000, stand and balancer, and the only regret is that I did not buy it sooner.

Ps 23:1-2
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in GREEN PASTURES