Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 10-09-2009, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Need some help with super z wheel motor

I have a sixty inch super z and just replaced the wheel motor. Now I can not get it to move. I changed the hydro fluid and lifted the drive wheels off the ground and let it run to get the air out of the system but the side I replaced is not spining and the other side is but it is real jerky. I did this for about 15 minutes and still no movement out of the side with the new motor. Any sugestions? Also both release nuts are tight. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-12-2009, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

When you replaced the wheel motor did you replace the hydro filter? if so did you pre fill it?
Did you also make sure the pump wasn't contaminated from the wheel motor failure? if there is still metal in the reservoir and you didn't completely flush every bit of the system you could of damaged the new wheel motor and the pump may be also.
Regardless you need to get the unit up on jack stands and run it until all the air is out of the system, sometimes its 15 minutes, sometimes its a hour or more, depending on how much air is in the system and where it is trapped in the system.

Pj
Old 10-12-2009, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerconsultant View Post
When you replaced the wheel motor did you replace the hydro filter? if so did you pre fill it?
Did you also make sure the pump wasn't contaminated from the wheel motor failure? if there is still metal in the reservoir and you didn't completely flush every bit of the system you could of damaged the new wheel motor and the pump may be also.
Regardless you need to get the unit up on jack stands and run it until all the air is out of the system, sometimes its 15 minutes, sometimes its a hour or more, depending on how much air is in the system and where it is trapped in the system.

Pj
. Thanks I will Jack it up and let it run some more. I did not fill the filter but will do next time
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-12-2009, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborojo338 View Post
. Thanks I will Jack it up and let it run some more. I did not fill the filter but will do next time
Posted via Mobile Device
That is likely why it is going to take longer.
Another thing to make sure of, make sure you dont have 2 rubber gaskets on the filter to mount connection, as in the old one may have not come off with the old filter.
That will cause air to get into the system.

Pj
Old 10-22-2009, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Still have no power going to the wheel motor we replaced. Could air be getting in the system from somewhere else? I check all the lines and they are tight. I know air is in the system because the fluid is foaming and has bubbles in it.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would suggest you follow PJ's suggestion and then you need to have a lot of patience to get the air out.
Once it is in the system it takes a lot of perseverance to get it out.
Also the manual has some reference to bleed out air.
I usually don't pre fill the filter because it is hard to do one person.
But I let it run for a while before I touch the handles.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Check the filter like PJ said for 2 gaskets and make sure it is tight.
Wright
Snapper
Snapper pro
Redmax
Snow ex
Blizzard plows
Boss plows
And fix all the rest...
Old 10-26-2009, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Either air is still getting into the system or the pump is shot.
Did you have a dealer pressure test the pump before replacing the wheel motor?

Pj