Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-28-2009, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm not to fond of it. Diesel Mag had published an article about the new 6.7L PowerStroke. The engine is going to have 2 water pumps. One to cool the engine and one for the air to water intercooler. The exhaust manifold is on top of the engine and the intakes are on the side where the exhaust would be. I would really hate doing the repairs on this engine. Seems more complicated. Goodluck you Ford guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
Suck it, Al Gore.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

So i was just watching some video on this new powerstroke, and i noticed something funny...It appears the powerstrake badging on this truck say 820...Could this thing possibly have 820 LB FT of torque?? Id be impressed if it does..

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Old 11-08-2009, 01:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Keep your fingers crossed on this thing, there is a whole hell of alot of things to go wrong under that hood.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Eventually there will be so much sh*t under the hoods of these new diesel trucks, there won't even be enough room for the engine, just a dozen or more horny hamsters.

Just goes to show that we are burning more fuel and taking more from the oil reserves just to save the environment and cut down on pollution.
Come February, I am deleting my EGR, catalytic converter and my stock pipe, and going to duals, and emissions won't be an issue as I don't need AirCare for insurance.

Suck it, Al Gore.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 11-08-2009, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Member

The emmission crap on the current diesels is nothing but BS but you have to deal with it.

The 6.7 in the Ford will cost so much it won't be worth it. For the 12 grand extra you pay for it you could buy alot of gas.

In todays market these trucks are not designed to last so if you have a heavy trailer to pull daily get a medium duty the truck is cheaper to buy and last twice as long.

I'am thinking of removing the cat on my truck I think it starting to fail and I'am getting back pressure from it. I won't go with a straight pipe on a 03 6.0 it would be too loud. I leave for work at 5am I don't think the neighbours would like it.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Has anyone else heard rumors that CAT is working on an engine for one of the big 3 trucks? I heard this awhile ago but never heard what company they were going with. A CAT diesel in a Ford F450 would be incredible!! But I bet it would be at least a $15K option. Whoever mentioned buying an actual medium duty truck is the cheaper way to go is absolutely right! It doesnt make sense to me that a new Ford F350 with diesel, 4x4 and fairly loaded will set you back around $45-$50K, but you can get a new FL50 or Intl. 4300/4700 for MUCH, MUCH less, and it will last alot longer too. Plus these medium duty trucks are made to work everyday and can tow some serious weight, knowing this, who would go buy a 1 ton truck?
Old 11-10-2009, 02:05 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKle View Post
Has anyone else heard rumors that CAT is working on an engine for one of the big 3 trucks? I heard this awhile ago but never heard what company they were going with. A CAT diesel in a Ford F450 would be incredible!! But I bet it would be at least a $15K option. Whoever mentioned buying an actual medium duty truck is the cheaper way to go is absolutely right! It doesnt make sense to me that a new Ford F350 with diesel, 4x4 and fairly loaded will set you back around $45-$50K, but you can get a new FL50 or Intl. 4300/4700 for MUCH, MUCH less, and it will last alot longer too. Plus these medium duty trucks are made to work everyday and can tow some serious weight, knowing this, who would go buy a 1 ton truck?
Yeah its toyota.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Sometime in 2010 cummins is going to replace the powerstroke, just got the news the other day. Cummins bought Ford incase some of you didnt know and their contract with dodge has somehow came to a halt and they are going to start putting there diesels in fords also.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon9996 View Post
Sometime in 2010 cummins is going to replace the powerstroke, just got the news the other day. Cummins bought Ford incase some of you didnt know and their contract with dodge has somehow came to a halt and they are going to start putting there diesels in fords also.
You're wrong.

http://forums.dieselpowermag.com/70/...rue/index.html

More proof of your wrongness.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/67...0-cummins.html

Yet more proof of your wrongness.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7085029AA3nFi9

More:

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/ge...cummins-2.html

Still more:

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/ge...s-cummins.html

However this being the internet you're now going to claim you know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, whos drinking buddy is a big wig at Ford or Cummins and that he said blah blah blah.

So we'll make this easy. I will bet you $500,000 that Ford will not put the Cummins in the 2010 Ford Superduty. If you wll accept this wager please send me your full name and address and we'll write a contract.

Have a nice day.

Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
Once upon a time, there was a lonely oxygen atom. The oxygen atom met two little hydrogen atoms, and suggested they try a threesome. They did, and everybody got wet. The end.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Member

A Cummins in a Ford isn't going to happen any time soon if ever. Ford has been building diesel engines overseas for a long long time. Ford doesn't need Cummins to build them a engine.

Cummins is pretty much screwed that the biggest market for their engines is gone. Freightliner used to buy thousands of 5.9s and 8.3s for the FL series trucks not anymore it is all Mercedes power now.

When the contract with Dodge runs out no more market for the 6.7 it wil only be Paccar that will be buying them. Ford buys some for the F-650-750 but then again those model trucks are not huge selllers compared to Freightliners.