Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-03-2009, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Field Test: IBBZ Lawn Debris Shuttle Bin

Would anyone like to Field Test a Lawn Debris Shuttle Bin from IBBZ, Inc.?
You can load the bin using the hydraulic debris lift without unhooking the trailer or unloading your mowers or equipment. For more information, visit www.ibbzinc.com.

If you are interested in getting some more information about Field Testing the Lawn Debris Shuttle Bin for Turf magazine, please send an e-mail to ahill@MooseRiverMedia.com with your name, your company name, your address and contact information. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me.
Thanks!

Amy K. Hill
Editor
Moose River Media
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2009, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Member

I would love to test this equipment if you were anywhere near Oklahoma. I have just been appointed Operations Manager for a 10 yr old commercial company looking to increase services using their existing Walker GHS mowers. The biggest problem slowing down the company has been the intense labor it takes to offer grass handling on our commerical accounts that are 5-15 acres and produce 3-5 cubic yards of clippings even on a 4 or 5 day cycle. Your sytem looks very appealing when compared to the $20,000 debris handling trailers I've looked at. I'll be sending an e-mail right away.
16' Trailer w/ open sides
2007 Walker GHS w/ Air-Cooled Kohler 23hp (gas)
2006 Walker GHS w/ LC Kubota 20.9 hp (diesel)
2010 John Deere 930A w/ 7-Iron II MOD deck (gas)
2006 John Deere 757 w/ 60" 7-Iron II MOD deck (gas)
200 gal Cub Cadet skid sprayer w/ 5.5 hp Kawasaki
50gal Atwoods spray rig w/ 8' boom and 300' hose on Hannay reel
Handheld: 80% Stihl - 20% Shindaiwa (too many to list)
Old 08-03-2009, 04:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

that does look cool cant wait to see the review
Old 11-08-2009, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What is going on with this review I am waiting to buy one or another system ?

Details make money!
Old 11-09-2009, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Good Review!

I'm not sure what's going on with the Turf Magazine article at the moment because I've only sent in a rough draft and they haven't contacted me since. As far as what I can tell you, this machine has a few drawbacks but overall works very well. It was big and bulky for my 2000 F-250 creating clearance issues because my overall vehicle width with the hoist arm was 9'6" which is the max for state roads here in Oklahoma. I think it may be better suited on a trailer or on the chassis of a box truck.

As far as performance, the arm has plenty of power to lift any load including wet grass and leaves. The basket didn't always empty completely when we dumped, but the system allows for small modifications using zip ties on the canvas that make up the basket. When the whole bin was full and I went to the dump, I was very much impressed. The two hydraulic cylinders that lift the bin are rated at 2,500 lbs each and have more than enough power backed by the hydraulic motor that runs on your vehicle's electrical system or on a 12V auxilliary battery. Completely filled, the bin made my F-250 lean hard to the dump side but it always began clearing debris before I had to get nervous.

I would say the only major drawback was the width of my vehicle with the lift arm on the side. We had some other issues with the equipment because it wasn't custom built for my truck, but everything should fit perfect when you order this bin from IBBZ. Like I said earlier, I would definitely consider putting this on a trailer if I had it to do all over again.

On a related note, we are strongly considering purchasing this bin for our 2010 business plan. You'd have to contact Steve at www.ibbzinc.com for more info on pricing, but I think you'll come out ahead on your investment especially if you pick up leaves in the fall with a debris handling mower like our Walkers.

I'll post pics as soon as I can. -Kyle
16' Trailer w/ open sides
2007 Walker GHS w/ Air-Cooled Kohler 23hp (gas)
2006 Walker GHS w/ LC Kubota 20.9 hp (diesel)
2010 John Deere 930A w/ 7-Iron II MOD deck (gas)
2006 John Deere 757 w/ 60" 7-Iron II MOD deck (gas)
200 gal Cub Cadet skid sprayer w/ 5.5 hp Kawasaki
50gal Atwoods spray rig w/ 8' boom and 300' hose on Hannay reel
Handheld: 80% Stihl - 20% Shindaiwa (too many to list)