Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-01-2009, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashMaintenance View Post
I do most of my work in Forest Acres but venture over to NE Cola for a few accounts. I know there's alot more lco's around here I pass about 10 different trucks every day I'm making my rounds.
To many lcos! And nice! Done quite a bit of work in Forest Acres.. Last one was on Rockbridge road off trenholm extension..

Quote:
Originally Posted by toole.landscaping View Post
I actually did a mulch job today in northeast ( lake carolina) I just wish I could see these job atleast weekly. I am trying to open my own Nursery and I have the much and Pinestraw and people are starting to drive by more maybe this nice weather will help. Do you work out in northeast?
Not to far from me, I am 4miles outside of Pontiac, like 6 miles from blythewood and 3 from Elgin. I am trying to get some large property maintenance accounts out in Camden where all the rich folks with horses live..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 10-10-2009, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey all i am in Charleston, SC and i am the div manager for a large southeast regional landscape contractor....good to see a lot of SC folks on here....we are lucky right now with business, we currently have about 1.3million in new construction and 400,000k in anual maint...but there is not much on the books right now, kind of scary! JR- what is the name of the environmental contractor you work for?
Old 11-03-2009, 02:35 PM
LawnSite Member

hows everyone doing here in south carolina? im looking to get my business start back here at home. im located in columbia. anyone have any extra help or need employee. i have been in the lawn care business for 6 years.
2005 Agri-Fab Leaf Vaccum
2006 Husqvarna Back-Pack Blower 145 bt
2004 Echo Weed-Eater
1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Country
Trailer

www.darrellbashamracing.com
www.carl-long.com
http://lawntalk.smfforfree4.com/index.php
Old 11-03-2009, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtobasicslawncare View Post
hows everyone doing here in south carolina? im looking to get my business start back here at home. im located in columbia. anyone have any extra help or need employee. i have been in the lawn care business for 6 years.
Doing good here! Excavation and clearing is slow though. Lawn care isnt bad, same ol crap.

Was going to do final clean up of the year last saturday but it was way to wet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Hilton Head Island here
Old 11-11-2009, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by landscapesc View Post
Hey all i am in Charleston, SC and i am the div manager for a large southeast regional landscape contractor....good to see a lot of SC folks on here....we are lucky right now with business, we currently have about 1.3million in new construction and 400,000k in anual maint...but there is not much on the books right now, kind of scary! JR- what is the name of the environmental contractor you work for?
landscapesc whats the name of thecompany you work for? We do alot of work in myrtle beach we do about 400k a year in maintenance and 800k a year in install.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey all!

I'm from Michigan. South Carolina might be in my future in a couple of years depending on how a few things pan out. I'm a full time lawn and landscape company owner right now and plan on continuing what I do until I'm too frail to do so.. or until I strike oil.

Though it's a ways away, I'm starting to think about business down there. Here we mow from the end of April to the end of October, and plow snow from Dec to March. (Well... kind of. Michigan weather keeps you on your toes.. last year I was doing clean-ups in 60 degree weather in mid-April one day, and three days later plowing three inches of snow..) Mind if I ask what your seasons are like down there? When do you start and stop mowing? Can you landscape and spread mulch/pine straw all year? How about spring/fall clean-ups?

General area we're looking at is Summerville, or thereabouts.

I sincerely don't want ya'll to feel like I'm invading or going to be stepping on your toes, but, you know how business goes. We're all in this together. Up here there's 100's or 1000's of LCO's everywhere, but we all get along well and help each other out more than anything, which is nice. Hopefully I'll be able to do the same with some of you eventually. Like I said, this is a few years away, but I'm just trying to get a feel for the trade down there, as I'm sure it's a bit different.

Thanks in advance for the help! I look forward to hearing what you have to share.

-Mike

Lawn Pro - Complete Lawn and Landscape Care
www.LawnProOutdoor.com
Old 01-14-2010, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Aiken area . Hello everyone !
Old 01-14-2010, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Member

JandJ Welcome

Welcome J and J. Aiken is nice. Love Palmetto Golf Club.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Summerville, just outside of Charleston, SC here.